Aftermarket Sport Mirrors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Anyone have any experience with the aftermarket sport mirrors? The base on my Passenger side is cracked and it does not hold any type of adjustment. My drivers mirror is all scratched up and the remote does not work at all (it is connected) and does not hold any adjustment either.

No experience with aftermarket but you can probably get a mirror base from @Motorcity Mustang. West Coast Classic Cougars has a video on how to tighten up the mirror so it holds position. For the driver's side, the cables probably just need lubricating and you can replace the glass with a new one (WCCC or NPD). @Stanglover has a template for an improved passenger's side glass.

It's hard to beat the styling and quality of the originals on our cars.

Look on websites that sell a range of "stuff". We have one here called Kijiji and this site sells just about everything, new and used from widgets to cars. Any local old car junk yards anywhere near you?
The problem with these mirrors is they are diecast, so repairing is not an option other than a JB Weld product.
The downside is anyone who has mirrors for sale, wants an arm and a leg for them.
As Sheriff mentioned, I have posted a template for maximizing the size of the passenger side mirror and make it convex. I'm sure you've seen that post. for more info, pm me.

Just so I understand what the problem is; you say the base is cracked and doesn't hold any adjustment. What exactly do you mean? Are you talking about the base that is screwed to the door, or the mirror housing itself? If it is the mirror plate itself, then there is a way to tighten them up a bit OR a good size drop of automotive GOOP will do the trick. That's what I do to mine and it holds well enough. see my pic below.
If you need a replacement housing, I have one I could sell. PM me for details and we'll go from there.

Attachments

• IMG_0612_LI.jpg
    IMG_0612_LI.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
The base on passenger side where it mounts to the door is cracked. Also bad choice of words on my part using "Aftermarket" I meant the Repops of the originals that NPD has listed.

Back