Aint no party like a Mach 1 party

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Robert (thundertc64) came over to see the latest addition to the coral and we snapped a couple of pics of our car's backyard social. :cool:

DSC_4557.jpg

DSC_4559.jpg

The red with black front (M-code '71) is the latest addition...brought it home today. :D

I see nothing but good stuff in those pics! Except for maybe the import whatever-it-is parked behind the '05 'vert. Also see a little bit of the Fox-body's hatchback in there as well.

It's all good (we'll let the import slide... this time... JUST this time though...) :D

Thanks Robert. You're 73 isn't too shabby either! I like it a lot!

Eric, my first love is mustangs but I've always enjoyed the VW's. That one is my daily driver. It's the closest thing I can afford to a luxurious German sedan. I'd give it up in an instant for a well optioned '71 M code vert. :D

Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to get the rest of the Machs home. Currently two are at my mom's and the other two are at a buddy's house.

i envy you guys in the USA. getting a few 71-73 models on one spot is not an easy thing here in austria. i was at a car meet a few weeks back and my 72 convertible was the only one on the parking lot. people walked up to me and asked it my car was ford or a european concept car. LOL

i popped the hood to show them my engine and then they realized it was an american car :)

abudi

Nice pics! I love it! :cool:

Don,

Having experience in this area (reading between lines) sounds to me like your looking for a 71 M code vert :dodgy:
I'm partial to convertible mustangs and so is the wife. My favorite body style mustang is the 71-73s so it's only natural to have one from these years...one day. :)

Wow Don,

I am behind the times - again. I did not realize we were talking about car 4, 5 and 6! Your the man. Can't wait to see all the family home.
No, I am the broke man. A couple of the cars are going to be parts cars :( but yes, it will be cool to have them home and tastefully store them in the back yard. Then it really will be a Mach 1 backyard party. ::chili:: dancebanana ::chili::

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you posted your story on the purchase of each in another thread? You know, the thrill of the hunt.

Wish I could make the backyard Mach 1 party! I think it ought to be a good old fashion barn raising party, say a minimum of 8 stalls.

I think a barn raising party is an awesome idea! I kinda posted about #'s 2 & 3 (the 72 & green 73) on my new to Mach 1 thread but the cars are temporarily at my mom's house in TN. I was driving to look at and purchase the next 2 but got side tracked first with the 71 M code as I was enroute. I got it from Tim (ponypastor). I made it to the other guy's house the next day who has the 2 for sale and bought them both. I wasn't planning on the last 3 but all 3 just happened last Thursday. So of the 6 Mach 1's, all 6 were not really a planned purchase. But like I said earlier, these are my all time favorite body style and 3 of the 6 are in great shape to rebuild. The M code can go either way and 2 will be good fodder for parts and maybe sell some of the extra stuff to offset the whoosh sound my savings account just made.

I know, this post is useless without pics...but I promise pics as the other cars join the party.

Btw, my all time favorite is my 65. ;) My dad bought that one new in 65. I've known that car would be mine one say since the beginning of all my memories. The 71 M code is next. It has some great factory options...PS, front PDB, red sports interior, tilt wheel, fold seat, rear defrost, tach, gauge pod, M-code (dual exhaust, staggered shocks, etc). It also has the delayed factory base spec that shows up a few years after purchase, I.e. Rust in all floors, cowl is shot, trunk floors, left rear trunk frame rail and battery tray area. The biggest rust area being the floors, cowl, trunk floors, left rear trunk frame rail and battery tray area. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Carrey in "The Mask" comes to mind... "SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!" Ha!! You are a brave man Don. And I'm glad you have a big yard and some help for these projects (the fam!)

I may patronize your parts cars, will have to see how my build goes in the next couple years hopefully! I've already cut up one that was pretty rough.

Back