Air Cleaner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to get back to this thread.

Ended up getting a new breather cap and it was a push through.

The canister tube - I got from Mustangs Unlimited and sprayed it flat black to look OEM and connected it to the new air filter with a T connection after I needed to drill a hole on the bottom plate to match it up and connect it.

Changed the spark plug wires today. Unfort another shop (ebay) sent me a black dist. cap when I bought as per site a blue one. So that will need to go back.

Next is getting matching valve covers to the air cleaner.

Last year I put an open top element filter on mine. Its a K&N knock off but its pretty nice. I washed it this year and re-oiled it with K&N filter oil.

2dqr82.jpg
Do you believe since it's open on top and getting more air, it's helping with power?
Im sure that the open top element provides more airflow. Whether or not your motor makes more power from it or not , im not sure. If your running a small 600cfm carb on a mild motor I doubt you would notice or see a difference. If your running high Hp motor with a 1000cfm carb you may free up a couple more HP with the less restrictive air filter.

My motor is pushing 600hp and im running a 900 cfm quick fuel carb. I cant tell if it helped my motor or not?? But it sure looks cool! :cool:
Don't hate me but I feel you can't beat the look of a Mopar dual snorkel air cleaner in factory krinkle cast black paint

Back