Am I screwed!?!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosdelacruz

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang MACH 1
While looking at some of my parts, I noticed a little chip on the side of one of my pistons. Does it need to be replaced? What do u guys think. On the picture, the chip is on the bottom right.

image.jpg

Maybe do another pic or 2 from other angles but

Are you making a driver or race motor?

Alright, I'll look into some new pistons, hopefully not too expensive, I was planning on a street and strip application. My machinist said they looked fine and reusable when I took it to him... Hmmmmm.

I have a good set of 7 pistons that are 040 over for a cleveland if you need them let me know. they are speed pro i believe. Also 7 good rods with arp bolts. $50 plus ride

Those pistons are pretty scored up. I'd question the machinist also if he said they looked good enough to use over.

Forged pistons aren't that expensive for the peace of mind, especially since you mentioned street AND strip.

Build it right the first time, and you usually won't have to build it over again.

Try to scrimp and save a nickel and it'll cost you a dollar later.....

Those pistons are pretty scored up. I'd question the machinist also if he said they looked good enough to use over.

Forged pistons aren't that expensive for the peace of mind, especially since you mentioned street AND strip.

Build it right the first time, and you usually won't have to build it over again.

Try to scrimp and save a nickel and it'll cost you a dollar later.....
+1

Very well said.

Ray

Latest posts

Back