Another cowl question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are u located in nc 1973grandeklar? Im in Asheboro.if it helps i just picked up the Dynacorn upper and lower cowl today at national parts depo in concord which is much cheaper than shipping if your nearby. The piece looks like its great quality. The lower cowl has all the necessary inner brackets to mount the dash which I really thought I was going to have to take off the original. I know it seems steep but its the only way for a proper repair.I guess im gonna drill all the original out, weld in the lower then paint it so I have full access to everything, then weld on the upper.is that what u had in mind?

Item #3648KA

71-73 COWL PANEL, UPPER AND LOWER

***FREE SHIPPING*** Price: $440.00

^good price.I wasnt aware it was free shipping. That's $20 less than I paid for it at npd.I just got it there since I was already there and able to look at it before Ipurchased

Where are u located in nc 1973grandeklar? Im in Asheboro.if it helps i just picked up the Dynacorn upper and lower cowl today at national parts depo in concord which is much cheaper than shipping if your nearby. The piece looks like its great quality. The lower cowl has all the necessary inner brackets to mount the dash which I really thought I was going to have to take off the original. I know it seems steep but its the only way for a proper repair.I guess im gonna drill all the original out, weld in the lower then paint it so I have full access to everything, then weld on the upper.is that what u had in mind?
steve, I am in the Burlington,Greensboro area. And yes, I was planning to install the lower, ensuring the heater A/C box fits, and then paint the inner cowl. Then weld on the top and paint the top and the entire front end in one shot. I have not purchased the cowl yet, but will probably be my July purchase and project.

It is funny how it seems each Mustang seems to rust the same but different. It appears the cowl rusted and leaked, then the floor boards rusted from the inside of the car out. When I look at what is left of the floor pans from the bottom, the floor pans look like they just have small rust holes. With the carpet removed, the floor is gone and I can poke my finger through at will. Thus my initial project for my 73 is the cowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back