Another Grille light question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Bought the new sockets for the lights to do the 1157 changeover I spoke of earlier.
Red, White and Black are the leads. Black I got (grnd.) but which is the constant supply and which is the flasher. My x-ray vision is on the fritz and I just packed up all the old incandescent bulbs to try and sell as a whole. I say that because I thought about just looking at the bulb and now it's LED's. Then again, it may not be what it seems.
It's been getting seriously hairy driving Rt. 60 with all these jack-wagons not realizing your turning or just don't see you because they're head is buried in their arse. It's mostly those driving trucks that are 6ft off the ground with the highbeams on full all the time! I-64 is like bumper cars from 249 all the way into Virginia Beach plus it's 20 miles of just two lanes right now and if I don't hold 80, I get run over. Yes, complain I will dagnabit! LOL I hate to take the car on the interstates anyhow. I was explaining to someone on my team why I hate to drive the freeway and am avoiding a drive to a couple sites. I explained, that I really like to hear the RPM's peak, like a shift, but not a steady scream for 125 miles! I keep picturing my motor as a cartoon under the hood wanting to jump out of the car.

I'm also looking at a way to make these DRL's just to help the cause. Then again, I can have landing lights across the entire front of the car and they'll still not see me coming. Sheesh!

I'd have to agree, that is one trick diagram! Thanks for the additional info but I'm leaning toward the American Autowire harness now. But, until I pull that switch, on the diagram you attached there are a white/blue and black/yellow wires bi-laterally on the park/turn-signal housings. From past experiences I'm guessing the wires are the same color code between factory and aftermarket so, which is the turn-signal?

Also understand it's a simple method to check but I've lost my in-line tester, circuit tester and would like to get rolling without the drive into town to pick one up tomorrow. I've already disassembled the instrument cluster to fix some illumination issues and due to a PCM chip shortage, the '72 is now my only driver while the wife is at work. We have a 2017 Fusion Energi Platinum that has been in the shop since 21 November waiting on that same PCM. That's actually why I'm in a flurry of posts. The '72 needs some work and as much as I would like to avoid it, we're hard-pressed to use the Mustang more frequently. I'll be posting in the chassis/steering subject next. All those parts are enroute or have already arrived.
I think light blue dark blue are L/R turn signals, brown is running light, black is ground….

RIBS, Do appreciate the help. Unfortunately the wires in the harness were identified, just couldn't determine which was the turn wire, red or white, in the new socket. I thin I got it.

Technically, I believe the grille lights are mimicking "driving lights" popular on road race cars. I would think real "driving lights" would be somewhat brighter. Do not confuse our grille lights with "fog lights". I worked in an auto parts store , out of high school, that was a wholesaler for Per-Lux Fogcutters, the very same fog lights semi-trucks came equipped with, and they are bright! Some new cras, and most new trucks have a fog light set-up that works great. You need to place these type of lights as low as you can on the front of your vehicle, like on our cars, down in the lower front faschia in the opening where the turn signals are on my '71, so that they don't blind the oncoming traffic.

Back