Anyone recognize this interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe (new to me) and just getting started with it.
These seats and door panels are in my 73 coupe as I recieved it. I do not think they are Mustang correct. Can anyone identify where they came from. Torino maybe. The are in Excellent shape (no rips, burns), they are high back, cloth in the front and grey vinyl on the sides and rear. the rears match the fronts and the door panels match as well. So they are either out of another car as a set or made specific for my mustang.

I already have a new black carpet kit, black deluxe vinyl seat full set and will be ordering black door panels to complete the car. I am just curious as to the origen of these seats/door panels.

73Coupe.jpg

i can tell you they are not from a 7173 mustang,it looks to be from maybe a mustang from the late 70's or early 80's

Those look pretty cushy. I would think a good upholsterer would be able to do this.

High high are the seats?

Where is the lever to put the seat back forward?

What do the rear seats look like?

mmmm....cushy.

Well yes, they are comfy, but they are coming off, both the seats front and rear in support of more period style black vinyl cbovers that will be put on by an upohlsterer for a perfect fit & finish.

Wolverine, they are high back buckets, I think they are the correct seats, just with these covers. and the rear seats match exactly, same material same vinyl trim. Door panels as well.

I will ask the upohlsterer to keep the covers intact. someone may want to re-use them on there seats. I'll make them available to the board for the price of shipping after mine are installed.

I cant remember the fold down. I'll take a look and let you know.

Oh...don't forget the seat warmers. For those cool Seattle winter nights.

You know I had not thought about seat warmers in the Mustang. I have them in my ML430 and love them. Is there a kit you recommend that the shop can install if I bring them along.

Try looking at these:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/carbon-fiber-seat-heater-kit.html

My criteria is I needed at least a 2 position, WARM and a HOT setting.

Cannot vouch to the durability because I don't have too many miles on them.

The biggest pain is in regards to where to run the wire, and where to place the button/switch. Mine is hidden under the dash.

Unlike "modern" cars, these buttons do not trigger off and stay off once you shut of your car. But generally, once the chill is off the seat I am turning the seats off anyway.

And remember, here at 7173mustangs.com, we got your bottom covered. The recent posting of the BeeGees video is proof of that.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
And remember, here at 7173mustangs.com, we got your bottom covered. The recent posting of the BeeGees video is proof of that.

Good luck.
I think you have unaddressed tendencies stemming from your childhood. :p

Wow those look great. I will have to order a set. Did you do passenger as well?.
I want to drive with the top down when it is 60 degrees outside, so you better believe I did the passenger seat. I can keep my wife's hands warm when I have both hands on the wheel, but it is pretty tough to keep her bottom warm.

Wow those look great. I will have to order a set. Did you do passenger as well?.
I want to drive with the top down when it is 60 degrees outside, so you better believe I did the passenger seat. I can keep my wife's hands warm when I have both hands on the wheel, but it is pretty tough to keep her bottom warm.
Re-read Dons' post

I think you have unaddressed tendencies stemming from your childhood. :p
That's funny. I think I have addressed all my tendencies in my manhood.

Back