Are 71/72 fenders different than '73 fenders?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71 'stang

Reaction score
My Car
A 1971 Mustang Coupe was my first car,
Now rebuilding a '72 Qcode Mach 1.
351/4speed
I found a set of cheap fenders for a '73 mustang that are in better condition than mine. I've got a '71, will the fenders from the '73 work on my car? I know the lower valance areas were different from the 71/72 cars to the 73, but will teh 73 fenders work on my car? :huh::huh::huh:

Any information would be great, thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a set of cheap fenders for a '73 mustang that are in better condition than mine. I've got a '71, will the fenders from the '73 work on my car? I know the lower valance areas were different from the 71/72 cars to the 73, but will teh 73 fenders work on my car? :huh::huh::huh:

Any information would be great, thanks guys!
Hi,

the '73 fenders are indeed different. The '73 model has a different bumper design and that is reflected in the cutout at the front of the fender.

Regards, Manfred

finally found this post again! man do i get lost online sometimes! thanks for the info guys, good thing i didnt pick up the fenders!

finally found this post again! man do i get lost online sometimes! thanks for the info guys, good thing i didnt pick up the fenders!
jejej It happens!! :p You can suscribe to the thread you´re interested in following by clicking the "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" link in here, just below the window you use to post the replies... ;)

Back