Bad Dreams?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
Has anyone ever had bad dreams about their mustangs? I dream a lot, and I do have an imagination, but these dreams have to go!

Dreams where I go into the garage and the paint is all rusty or scratched. Or ones where the car was stolen or lost.

Or just last night when there was a storm and my car cover went flying into the air, leaving new paint to the elements.

They drive me crazy and I can't be the only one who has them?

So for 3 years I was stationed in Japan. During that time my Mustang sat in Navy vehicle storage in Dallas. Never heard anything from them, not an email about the status of the car or anything (which was disconcerting because everyone else that i knew that had cars in storage got monthly updates on their car. I never had a number or anything to contact them, not for 2 of the 3 years.

I used to have nightmares that I would go there to pick it up after returning to the states and it would be painted different colors, most of the time it was purple or hot pink. I even dreamt that they blew up the motor and replaced it with a V-6, one dream was that it got overhauled, but looked exactly the same and when I watched the show later they said "well this car is too ugly to overhaul, maybe he won't notice". Anyway, i fell you and the bad dreams brother!

You obviously love you cars to dream about them like that!

I dreamt that mine went under water from a hurricane...then when I got back in town after the hurricane my dream was what had actually happened. luckily it was disassembled 100% and all the wiring and interior was up high on shelves. The car was previously rotisserie sand blasted, epoxy primed and painted. There was/is no rust even to this day 10 years later...the car is fine and I am very lucky we cut no corners with the body and paint work. That saved my car.

Hopefully no more dreams like that one!

You obviously live you cars to dream about them like that!

I dreamt that mine went under water from a hurricane...then when I got back in town after the hurricane my dream was what had actually happened.

Hopefully no more dreams like that one!
I love my car, it is a big part of my life. I hope none of my dreams are remotely close to what will happen in real life. I would stay awake for the rest of my life lol!

Absolutely I have dreams. So...here's my story.

My first car was a 65 GT coupe, from 1968-1978. I loved that car, and it was very reliable. While going to my girlfriend's parent's house, a 46 Willys Jeep didn't see me stopped to wait for traffic to clear to make a left hand turn and slammed into my rear, pushing me into the other lane where I got hit in the front as well. The car was totalled.

Ever since then, about once a month I would wake up in a cold (or hot!) sweat with a dream about that 65 coupe. All sorts of dreams, including a broken frame/unibody. After marriage and having significant discretionary income, I decide to stop these dreams by buying an exact duplicate car, but only found a 66 GT fastback. As soon as I purchased Midlife, the dreams stopped.

Last Christmas time, I sold Midlife and have had only one dream about it. I was parked at a junk yard with a supervised parking lot, yet my car was stolen. I looked all around and it was simply gone. Boy was I PO'ed! But then I woke up. I hope this is not the beginning of a new series of nightmares.

Absolutely I have dreams. So...here's my story.

My first car was a 65 GT coupe, from 1968-1978. I loved that car, and it was very reliable. While going to my girlfriend's parent's house, a 46 Willys Jeep didn't see me stopped to wait for traffic to clear to make a left hand turn and slammed into my rear, pushing me into the other lane where I got hit in the front as well. The car was totalled.

Ever since then, about once a month I would wake up in a cold (or hot!) sweat with a dream about that 65 coupe. All sorts of dreams, including a broken frame/unibody. After marriage and having significant discretionary income, I decide to stop these dreams by buying an exact duplicate car, but only found a 66 GT fastback. As soon as I purchased Midlife, the dreams stopped.

Last Christmas time, I sold Midlife and have had only one dream about it. I was parked at a junk yard with a supervised parking lot, yet my car was stolen. I looked all around and it was simply gone. Boy was I PO'ed! But then I woke up. I hope this is not the beginning of a new series of nightmares.
Yikes, that sounds very to close to a wreck that a friend of mine in high school had in his 86 GT. so.... The moral of your story is don't wreck or sale your Mustangs, ever. Or else you will always have bad dreams about them. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me at least!

I had a dream that my ex-wife backed her Toyota Corolla into the drivers door of my 73 convert on purpose; oh no, that was not a dream, she actually did it on purpose!

I had a dream that my ex-wife backed her Toyota Corolla into the drivers door of my 73 convert on purpose; oh no, that was not a dream, she actually did it on purpose!
Just a dream about my ex is a nightmare.

I dreamed before we cranked the car that it caught fire on first start and it burned the car up. I had it several times in fact. Funny thing is on the third crank the carb flamed up and I almost passed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nightmares of my wife making me choose the car or her...

tough one hope I don't have to decide
lollerz

I dont EVER have to worry about that. MY wife has assured me that she has control of voting from our daughter. So even if I DID choose.... I would lose her and then she would TAKE my cars!! :blush:

oh and Elizabeth the dream is about bad things you did as a youth... no worries. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I found this thread and thought I would have nothing to add to it but just last night I dreamed that my Mustang was stolen.

I was sitting in the sun and my car was parked a little distance away from me. I had the keys in my pocket and a white trash kinda family walked up to my car, looked at it and started to get in!

That was when I noticed that the engine was running even though I had the keys and started to panic. I tried to stop them but they drove off before I could get to them.

Weird!

Okay Elizabeth...weird. I have never had a dream about my car...EVER. After reading this I was having some kind of weird dream but cant identify it..... but i recall thinking why am I dreaming about this...it isnt true! :D

LOL@Carter

I'm sure the lawyers would leave me high and DRY(CARLESS)!
A good friend of mine had this really happen and he on paper sold his 1966 Hertz Shelby GT350H to me until after the divorce was final then I on paper sold it back to him. It's good to have friends.

I have nightmares of my wife making me choose the car or her...

tough one hope I don't have to decide

Wow...wished my ex wife had offered me a choice like that. Then I could of dreamed of driving down the road listening to the throaty exhaust of that 351 and wondering "Gee wonder what She is doin' today?! :)

Back