Belt and park warning lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alarmrick

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
351C-4V
Does anyone know where I could purchase the belt and park warnings lights for a 71 . I only need the plastic end and not the whole device. I've checked the usual spots.

Thanks,

Rick

Does anyone know where I could purchase the belt and park warnings lights for a 71 . I only need the plastic end and not the whole device. I've checked the usual spots.

Thanks,

Rick
Try Ohio Mustang Supply or Motor City Mustang, both are vendors on this site. Chuck

I tried them first. I don't think anyone makes reproduction ones. I will have to get them from a donor car . Anyone have them sitting around in decent condition?

Does the 71 have a seat belt warning light? I thought that was a late 72 all 73 thing? Don't think the 71 should have that unless it was located some where other than the passenger dash.
They were part of the convenience group. Chuck

My 71 M-code has them just like the pic above as well as the rear defrost but that's the only one of my cars that has them. Mine also look to be in about the same condition as in the pic.

I also have the brake and seat belt warning lights on my 71 Grande (they work). I have not seen a rear window defoster before this; learn something new everyday.

Thats cool! I had never seen them like that. My warning light chrome looks kinda like that. I used a model paint stick to paint it silver. These are so hard to come by I am afraid to take it out to have it replated. I know you can do it, but what happens if you loose it!

Hey Don! Here is a great part to repop!

I've thought about machining an aluminum rod of that diameter by drilling a hole in the middle, then slicing it off at the correct depth. Attach with a glue of some sort and presto.

If the lens is broken then cut a piece of red lens to fit, screen the correct word on the lens and insert into the piece made above.

I'm not to that point in my restoration, but if no one does this custom repop, then I'll make a few extra for the guys on here that need them. If someone takes my idea and make them first, please send me two. :d

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about machining an aluminum rod of that diameter by drilling a hole in the middle, then slicing it off at the correct depth. Attach with a glue of some sort and presto.

If the lens is broken then cut a piece of red lens to fit, screen the correct word on the lens and insert into the piece made above.

I'm not to that point in my restoration, but if no one does this custom repop, then I'll make a few extra for the guys on here that need them. If someone takes my idea and make them first, please send me two. :d
I would buy a couple myself

Just wondering if anyone found a supplier of the seat belt and park lamps and bezels like alarmrick has pictured in his car. I have been searching the internet for them because mine are just like his but the bezel is missing around the seat "belts" one (to the right in pic).

Latest posts

Back