BETTER news for my 408. ITS ALIVE!!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear that the heads are done and this time with quality components. As for the $1300 cost this time around, considering all those parts and the cost of machining and assembly is an absolute bargain and considering what the outcome could have been, well that price is now cheap insurance. Now for something funny, a guy I know of asked me what I thought of these engines advertised on eBay, turned out to be, that's right, Barnett Performance, so I showed him the "endorsement" of this thread and needless to say, one less sale to him. I keep getting asked to build engines for people again, but really have just had enough of it since getting out of the trade, plus to busy trying to other things, let alone build engines for other people. Bet you're itching at the bit to get your engine back together now and taking it for that first drive. Well everything should be all good now and should be hassle free for you and would right if you decided to give it a decent rev, if you decide too. All the best with it and keep us informed with how it all goes from here on in.

Wow that is so bad stuff they Make! I'm not a fan of products from China!! I hope that company's will learn off all the bad historys off problems with there non control off the production :-( They just want to make as much as possible off Nothing!! And just don't care... Regards Lars DK73

But I am happy to hear that you soon get the engine running B-) Regards Lars DK73
Well Lars, I too am no fan of cheap Chinese crap. The problem with the cheap Chinese stuff is that it is made to a price and not to a quality and those who sell it don't care because they know there's another sucker to buy this stuff all of the time. The other side of it is the people who buy it, now seriously how do expect a part to hold up in a performance application that is less than half the price of a well known brand of performance product, you can't. Then it's the other side of the coin like what's happened here, someone goes to company and buys a product and is expecting quality parts to be put in, the company is a shady guy that puts in cheap Chinese crap in their products and sells them to the customer as quality products going into them, because they know the customer most of the time has know idea of what products are put in there, when it all goes to crap and customer calls him up to say there was a major problem, they turn around with the old over revved (like they tried here) routine and they know that's how they get out of it, then usually try to sweet talk the customer into sending the engine back to them to "try to do them a favour" and rip them off all over again. Personally witnessed this situation too many times over here and can't believe guys like this are still in business.
Yes it is so right on!!! :mad: They just don't kear off what shitt the selling to the costumer :mad: They just look at that making more profit!! This is so sad that they actually are destroying our good hobby.. Whit that crap!! ;-) Regards Lars

It just goes to show that quality parts are worth the extra dollars. I know you put your trust and money in these guys and you thought you were getting the real deal. It is depressing that they would skimp out on the basics.

When I think about what the entire valve train and engine goes through it amazes me that it holds up at all.

Heard back from Barnett and he agreed to refund the cost of the valves plus shipping......grand total $150. That's $150 more than I thought I would get, but goes to show the price of the quality valves that he installed. The Ferrea valves I put in this time set me back $500, and are well worth the money. Now if my damn head gaskets would show up at the machine shop I could bolt her all back together again.

Sounds about what I paid for my Competition Plus valves. Glad I had the military discount.

Finished up putting the motor back together last night. Hit the key and she fired right up and purred like a kitten. Motor sounds very good. No more ticking. Sounds great!! Havent got to take it for a ride yet. Its been raining cats and dogs. Im going to run it up to temperature a couple more times and check everything out again and it should be good to go. Going to drain the oil and change the filter 1 more time before taking it out for a drive. Hopefully no more issues with the build!!!!

Excellent news, glad you got it all back together and she fired up without any problems, not that you'd be expecting any this time around anyway, now that the parts in the top end are as good as those in the bottom end now. It's always the way though when you get your car back up and running, it rains. Oh well, like the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. Have fun when the weather clears up.

Thanks gentlemen!!! Yeah I cant wait to take it for a ride but we have been having NON stop rain here in PA!!! Looks better today so maybe get it out for a quick test ride tonight.

Back