BFG Radial T/A vs Cooper Cobra for smooth ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The raised white letters on the tires on my 71 when I bought it were dingy and browned. I used Westley's Bleche White, my long term stand by, and a short bristle brass brush and a pressure washer and they came up pretty white. I am using them merely as roller as the restoration progresses but they look pretty good for the pictures of the progress, haha.

Attachments

• Mach 1 946.jpg
    Mach 1 946.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0
I've got BFG radials, 235/60R-15s on the CJ convertible. They hook up nicely and give a hard chirp on the C6 1-2 shift. Plus they handle very well. I'm not concerned bout ride quality, I'm looking for great traction and handling.

Installed a new set of US-made repro 15x7 Magnum 500s and BFG Radial T/A's today! Front 215-65x15 and rear 235-60x15. I'll scrub the blue stuff off the white lettering when I wash the whole car. Unfortunately the well-known Mustang parts vendor who sold me the wheel/tire combo did not do a "show mount" with the tires oriented the same way and with the BFG name at the top. I don't do big shows anymore where points might be taken off for that, but it still bugs me. I'll live with it for now, but I may take them to Discount Tire some time and have them remounted.

New wheels and tires 2024-06-19.jpg

New set of KYB gas-filled shocks, too. Car is sitting up a bit high right now, but it will settle down once the shocks get worked in a bit.

Back