BFG Radial T/A vs Cooper Cobra for smooth ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The raised white letters on the tires on my 71 when I bought it were dingy and browned. I used Westley's Bleche White, my long term stand by, and a short bristle brass brush and a pressure washer and they came up pretty white. I am using them merely as roller as the restoration progresses but they look pretty good for the pictures of the progress, haha.

Attachments

• Mach 1 946.jpg
    Mach 1 946.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0
I've got BFG radials, 235/60R-15s on the CJ convertible. They hook up nicely and give a hard chirp on the C6 1-2 shift. Plus they handle very well. I'm not concerned bout ride quality, I'm looking for great traction and handling.

Installed a new set of US-made repro 15x7 Magnum 500s and BFG Radial T/A's today! Front 215-65x15 and rear 235-60x15. I'll scrub the blue stuff off the white lettering when I wash the whole car. Unfortunately the well-known Mustang parts vendor who sold me the wheel/tire combo did not do a "show mount" with the tires oriented the same way and with the BFG name at the top. I don't do big shows anymore where points might be taken off for that, but it still bugs me. I'll live with it for now, but I may take them to Discount Tire some time and have them remounted.

New wheels and tires 2024-06-19.jpg

New set of KYB gas-filled shocks, too. Car is sitting up a bit high right now, but it will settle down once the shocks get worked in a bit.

Hi All ! I would be interested to hear any opinions on BFG Radial T/A vs Cooper Cobras when it comes to comfortable ride, I have been searching youtube videos but no real good comparisons between them. I currently have the previous batch of BFG's where the letters always turn brown no matter how much you clean them and they are 7 years old now so now have to decide to get another set of BFG's or maybe Coopers if they ride better would be good to know if anybody has experience with them...thanks in advance

Update: thanks to everyone who replied, looks like not much difference in performance so it comes down to looks on which you prefer
[email protected]

Back