Black center panel with gauges question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
I was looking for a new black center dash panel with gauges but all the repro units I have seen do not have the chrome ring around each gauge.

Did the original black panels have the chrome rings just like the wood grain ones?

Mine doesn't have it on the panel.. it's on each gauge.

IMG_14351.jpg

there are 2 versions of the center panel that were repoped for the deluxe interioronly one has chrome rings for the gauges.

The wood grain chrome trim is the deluxe version

the camera case without wood insert is the standard interior version.

the original camera case black version for the standard interior didn't have chrome rings because the chrome was from the entire panel being chrome plated.

on the deluxe version the entire panel is chrome plated, then masked sprayed satin black, with highlights around the edges and chrome rings around the gauges left showing chrome. then the lower half of of the deluxe panel is painted a dark brown to try and match the wood insert decal. then finally the wood decal is placed over much of the panel from the top around the map light down to the radio plate cover.

some places are selling the black camera case version with the wood decals given loose in the box. this is the incorrect version for the deluxe interior.

There are 4 versions of the center panel for the dash board that have been reproduced.

Camera case finish, without gauges.

Camera case finish , with gauges.

Deluxe finish, without gauges.

Deluxe finish, with gauges.

Back