BOOT BAG

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang convertible, 351-4v
4 speed, bright red, original owner
MCA National show winner
Since there is all this talk about using your boot or not using your boot I had to put in my thoughts. I have been using the my boot since the car was new, I believe it keeps the top cleaner especially the inside headliner from dust & road dirt. The cars look a lot nicer with the boot on.

I store my boot in the well with the 3 snaps snapped on both sides and then I flip it over the seat back when I want to put my top down I leave the boot snapped (the 3 snaps on each side on) then I start on one side and work my way around putting it under the chrome trim.

My car came with this black bag to store the boot in, which I never used, which I still have pictured below.photo 3(5).JPGphoto 1(9).JPGphoto 3(4).JPG

A convertible with no top boot is like a car with no hood.

I'd say that bag could be a rare item for our cars. Not sure if the repro boots come with the 'bag'.

Ray

I agree with Ray, its lie a car with no hood :)

as bot the boot bag, I have seen them come up on Ebay a few times, and I believe they are repops out there also.

I keep it snapped all of the time, and store it in the well. it takes maybe about 2 min to install it.

I think I might record it, and post it, how quick it is to install the boot.

I agree with Ray, its lie a car with no hood :)

as bot the boot bag, I have seen them come up on Ebay a few times, and I believe they are repops out there also.

I keep it snapped all of the time, and store it in the well. it takes maybe about 2 min to install it.

I think I might record it, and post it, how quick it is to install the boot.
I think that a good idea; you should record it,then everybody can see what we are talking about. The boot stored in the well(when the top is up) is also safer and stays cleaner than throwing it in the trunk. Larry

Since there is all this talk about using your boot or not using your boot I had to put in my thoughts. I have been using the my boot since the car was new, I believe it keeps the top cleaner especially the inside headliner from dust & road dirt. The cars look a lot nicer with the boot on.

I store my boot in the well with the 3 snaps snapped on both sides and then I flip it over the seat back when I want to put my top down I leave the boot snapped (the 3 snaps on each side on) then I start on one side and work my way around putting it under the chrome trim.

My car came with this black bag to store the boot in, which I never used, which I still have pictured below.
I have my original boot bag.

I have my original boot bag!

Back