Boss 351 on Barrett Jackson

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol.... that's actually where the auction houses come into play. It is "cool" for these people to go there, be pampered and then buy a car there following emotions and not logic.
So true Tony. I personally know someone who has probably spent a few million there and been treated like royalty. Mind you, that person is not one swayed by emotion, he knows what he wants and what it's worth to him. Maybe the exception rather than the rule. Pity he's not into Mustangs!!

The car auction business is a well conceived racket. I dipped my toe into those waters many years ago, the water was cold and caustic, never again. It is the classic 3 party con, the middle man always gets paid, often twice. Chuck

Was watching them last night (Thursday) and a beautiful blue Boss rolled onto the stage....according to the announcer, these were overpriced, unpopular, did poorly at the track! I don't know about you guys, but I've always understood the Boss to be one of the quickest mustangs ever produced. Can you imagine being the person selling that car and these guys crapping all over it?
Those guys are ignorant. I have a 73 Mach 1 Q code 4 spd. and recently did a total nut and bolt restoration including refreshing the motor (40 over) and upping the compression to 10.5:1. Recently I am trying out a ProForm 670cfm carb in lieu of the stock Motorcraft (needs work). The power coming from this is simply awesome and everything else on the motor is pure factory. While I wouldn't take anything away from the Chevy motors, credit has to be given to this motor is particular.

Back