brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs72pony

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang convertable red with white lid, just purchased from USA ca
hi everybody, I am having brake problems. When I buy a new old car I remove and replace all the fluids so at least I know all is new. I bled the brake lines to remove the old fluid which was very black. I noticed that the line from the master cylinder to the proporssional block was bent to nearly flat. My pedal after the bleed was great press in about an inch and stops. The other thing was I noticed that the previous owner had replaced the rubber hoses to the front discs but were for drums as it was resting on the upper ball joint nut. So I took it to a dedicated brake repairer. When I picked it up that arvo the pedal went all the way to the floor, bar an inch. They told me that they took it for a test drive and it stopped. They replaced all 3 parts. They then had it for another 2 days and told me that they didnt know what the problem was, the pedal now goes down abut 3 inches and does stop but not perfectly. My question is, the tube that goes from the master cylinder to the prop valve was about an 1/8 of an inch and they replaced it with 1/4 inch would this make any difference,the picture is from them replaced the rear end rubber hose with some cable ties to hold it up, how is this supposed to be, thanks dave

ive tried to post a picture in the tinypic plugin, is this where i enter the picture, thanks dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove the cover from the master cylinder and press the brake pedal, when letting off the pedal see if there are any air bubbles in the brake fluid in the master cylinder. If so you have a leak somewhere or air in the system. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Will try tonight after work. Dave

Back