build sheet decode

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
I'm working on decoding the build sheet for my car. Deciphering the color abbreviations used to code the suspension and steering parts is a challenge. I have decoded about half of the colors, still working on the rest. Anyone done this before? Any suggested reference sources?

Thanks, Chuck

Bump...I'd like to decode my build sheet, has anyone found any resources that we can use?
I have some information (mostly 1972) that I'm relatively certain of and other that is a bit sketchy, and some that I haven't been able to decode. Like all things Ford, the codes and abbreviations used changed frequently. And there is no "how to decode book" that I am aware of. PM or e-mail me with where you'd like to start (it is a lot of data) and I'll help where I can.

Chuck

I recall reading on the Marti Report website that Marti is working on a decoding book. I think it was on one of Marti's blogs. My 73 convert is original and I have owned since 1974. If you see a code on my build sheet that matches yours I may be able to help identify the code or color.

Between the two copies I found in the car I can see all the codes:

73MustangBuildSheetCopy1.jpg

73MustangBuildSheetCopy2.jpg

Back