Came within an inch of destroying my Engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I asked about the retainers is that the original retainers/locks are not designed to grip the valve tightly, but allow the valve to rotate.
Sorry, Jorge, I missed your post somehow. The builder caught the wrong holders/locks whatever. He had a set of 7 degree on hand that he had purchased long ago for a difference engine and hadn't used. I haven't upgraded yet, but it's on the to-do list. I'd like to get the engine broke in before I pull the heads again.

The reason I asked about the retainers is that the original retainers/locks are not designed to grip the valve tightly, but allow the valve to rotate.
Sorry, Jorge, I missed your post somehow. The builder caught the wrong holders/locks whatever. He had a set of 7 degree on hand that he had purchased long ago for a difference engine and hadn't used. I haven't upgraded yet, but it's on the to-do list. I'd like to get the engine broke in before I pull the heads again.
If you drop one of the 2 piece valves you will be doing a full rebuild not just pulling the heads. Just a thought:angel:

Back