Can someone take a measurement for me?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible(some day)
Can someone take a measurement for me? I'm looking into using a stock rear sway bar but my car didn't come with one. I need to know how far the bolts/nuts that hold bracket/bushing on the rear sway bar are apart. From the pic you see the bracket and bushing. I need a rough number of the center-2-center of the bolts. I was thinking a u-bolt up through the frame rails than a plate on the frame between the bracket and frame.

Thanks for your help.

-Jim

swaybar.JPG

Jim,

Although the measurement will be nice to have..a better way is mount the bar with the car sitting level with new tires rims full tank of gas in other words ready to drive..The bar itself will locate where the bracket holes go..On mine even though it was a non rear sway car there were a set of holes in the frame rails..the set worked out perfect using the above method.

Jim,

Although the measurement will be nice to have..a better way is mount the bar with the car sitting level with new tires rims full tank of gas in other words ready to drive..The bar itself will locate where the bracket holes go..On mine even though it was a non rear sway car there were a set of holes in the frame rails..the set worked out perfect using the above method.
Scott,

I have holes in my frame rails but I don't know if they align with the OEM bushing brackets. That's really what I'm looking for. Also, I have 4 holes and I don't know what pair to use so the measurement will help me figure that out.

-Jim

I'm measuring 2 1/2 to 2 5/8 .
Thanks

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back