Carports

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
I am having too much trouble looking for a carport/portable garage that is a good price but can withstand heavy snow. I am torn between Rounded Canopy Garages and steel/metal carports that don't have any sides, just a metal roof.

I only have $800 max to spend but I want something that I can trust. Something that wouldn't give in to 4 inches of snowfall. Anyone have an affordable carport that is durable for snow? I live in New England, snow is inevitable.

1183a6d4-db4c-44f0-b1e4-bd5e6f144e4e_400.jpg

12x21-Regular-Carport-2T.jpg

I don't have enough money to enclose a whole metal car port. But my dad could do something to cover the sides. Whether he uses siding or plywood and tarps.

The metal frame will hold up to snow better but if it's icy snow they have buckled before even down here in VA. Also if you leave it open and winds get strong enough (hurricane style) they will twist and aren't usually nice to what's parked under them.

For the money the metal frame is the way to go though. I'd just save up and enclose it if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal frame is good. I would think the rounded canopy/garage would be better. If you get a heavy snowstorm, you can sweep the snow off of the top and it will slide off most of the sides. Toss a tarp over the top when heavy snow is predicted, and then you can just pull it off with all the snow. Good luck.

I had mine installed for $795 a few years ago. If I would have sprung for it being 1' taller then I could have installed a std type of garage door on to later if I wanted. It works for me. Painted cars under it. Keeps the weather off of my trailer or whatever I park under it.

TruckResto004.jpg

IMG_17841_zps0edb9098.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I don't. They were for sale via a local shed Co. down where I live. They are priced the same all over the region as I was calling around and they were all priced exactly the same.

I bought one of the poly type 10 by 20 foot garages from Costco for my 20 foot boat (the trailer tongue stuck out the front and could not zip the door shut all the way). It lasted about 6 years before the material started to dry rot, but I thought that was ok because it only cost $189. I noticed Costco was selling them again, but much nicer looking, this spring. I think the price had only jumped up to around $219. Sorry, I don't have any pictures handy.

Back