check out the rag top!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it a lot. Really!

That sheet metal overlay is probably the same thing that Mustangproject sells.

Theirs is a fiberglass part that simply lays over the original tail light panel on 1964-68 cars and holds two LED tail lights.

I wish I had one for mine.

Here's a picture of one:
Alright, guys, THERE is a belt on it! the tensioner takes it down over the pulley. The Paxton works well. I relisted it. There is a Marty report. The story is in the 'book' I wrote up on in the discription. Get a real computer so you can read the screen. It IS the motor when it came home from the rebuilder! I have two hoods. It is NOT a Boss 351 car, but the motor specs are very similar. What? Wow, the passion! I am sorry I played with it, but I like setting my stuff up to my taste, like some of the people on this site, I won't mention any names. It is special to me... Thanks for the comments, except for that one guy! Do any of you have jobs? Why are you on this site in the middle of the day? Mark

Hello Mark White. So, it's your car then - cool. I suspect that I am that guy you mentioned, and I'm sorry if you're offended by my words, but seriously - aside from my sarcasm, there's nothing wrong with what I said. Every single point I made is true applied to the write-up in the ebay description. The description has a LOT of incorrect "facts" about the car which are made out to be factory options... which are just simply not true.

For instance, in your listing (that I posted above), it said in the description that the engine is built to Boss 351 specs, but in the car data blanks provided by ebay, under "Engine" you listed it as "Boss 351." That's called contradictory information - which is what I pointed out as misrepresentation. There are other inconsistencies that I pointed out above.

Now, having said that, I also said it looked to be a solid car and that I would be happy to own it myself. I don't know what your price is (based on seeing something around $11,000-ish bid) but I'm assuming it was not accepted since you're relisting it. That's good you have extra stuff with it, the super charger is working well (based on your saying so), but some better pictures would be helpful.

I am a restomod guy myself, and I don't "not like" the things you've done to your car - I like it just fine... it looks Great, in fact! The only thing I don't like about seeing the listing is that the description being riddled with incorrectness purported to be "original" and/or "factory" options. That's called misrepresentation, which is just ignorant at best, and flat-out lying at worst, depending on your intentions.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything, but trust me: the things I wrote above are not the worst things that have been said about the ebay listing. Again, I'll apologize if you're offended by my sarcasm, but I call it how I see it and stand by my observations based on the information YOU have provided.

Good luck with the sale, and be sure to send the buyer to us so we can help him understand what he really has.

Why am I on this site in the middle of the day? That's irony, considering you're on this site in the middle of the day. Do you not have a job, either? :p

Alright, guys, THERE is a belt on it! the tensioner takes it down over the pulley. The Paxton works well. I relisted it. There is a Marty report. The story is in the 'book' I wrote up on in the discription. Get a real computer so you can read the screen.
Dude - again, it's called a Marti Report. The guy's name is Kevin Marti... not "Marty." Maybe you're the one who needs a real computer so you can read the screen. rofl

It's nice. The picture of the engine in the car doesn't match the engine out of the car.

The Paxton is a nice touch. I had a bracket for one and was going to go that route but then picked up the tripower.

However...

Ram Air and Paxton don't work together.

Paxton and 10.5 compression ratio really don't work together.

Perhaps this is why the Paxton doesn't have a belt on it?
GREAT catch Wil e, this guy is stuff full of stuff like a Christmas turkey.....

I have the MARTY Report. It was originally a Demo car. It was originally ordered by the Sales Manager, later the Dealership Owner, in the San Jose California area, and then sold to his Niece."

And low and behold it is SPECIAL because it was used in TV commercials??? That makes it better? that makes it SPECIAL? Rare?

I have had a sheet metal overlay made to cover the original, and operating, tail lights, that uses the California Special style sequential tail lights, (L.E.D. for low profile). I'm sorry but can somebody help me understand what a "sheet metal overlay" is to protect the original body????????

this guy is funny as ALL get out. my guess is "he was told"?

is it JUST ME? or am I imagining that I heard the Boss 351 was an "R" code car back in 71 not an "M" code?
WoW! Tough crowd, no wonder were all un-employeed! Actually, I am an Insultant, similar to a Consultant, you probably know the difference!

1. Marti, Marty, I can't speell

2. If I list original panels available for taking out the roll bar, I don't think I miss represent it as original. Same for the tail lights.

3. Spoilers and wings are frequently Dealer added, and if authentic, not miss represented.

4. Cibie 35 driving lights and fog lights were used 1st in 1971 by the euro Shelby's. Marciels were 1970 and earlier. As far as I know, are correct.

5. Correct switches are the "Sport Lights" and "Fog Light" switches available in 1971, see pictures, for driving and fog lights. Don't know about driving lights coming on with headlights..

6. I added the side scoops, with 3 each 8:32 screws, easily removable, not listed in the ad.

7. Top is not that rare, or listed that way. It is of the highest quality material I could buy, though.

8. The Factory Aluminum Intake is a Dizzy no. something -CA. Yeah, its real. Not Eldobrock, which are OK, too.

9. Rev. Limiter. See picture.

10. Dash Boost pic in ad, on left top. WEorks.

11. The C-6 was used in Ford Tow Trucks. It is a more heavier duty than the C-4.

12. "Wasn't intended for US Markets" is B.S. -Added by Ebay, not me.

13. a "Demo" is a Ford "Executive Demonstration Car" as outlined in the Notarized statement from the original owner, whose family ordered the car that way for their dealership.

14. I have two hoods, and other parts not listed that will go with this car. Pictures go back several years, as I have made progress cleaning up the car.

15. The space saver tire is rare, because you can not easily find an unused original, and if you do, they want serious money for them.

You totally got me on the Drag Pack Suspension. See picture. I just miss read it. I have added a correction to the re-listed add. I am not offended by your words, Thank you for your input. Now, get a job! Mark

Alright, guys, THERE is a belt on it! the tensioner takes it down over the pulley. The Paxton works well. I relisted it. There is a Marty report. The story is in the 'book' I wrote up on in the discription. Get a real computer so you can read the screen.
Dude - again, it's called a Marti Report. The guy's name is Kevin Marti... not "Marty." Maybe you're the one who needs a real computer so you can read the screen. rofl
MARTI! OK. I got a picture of the belt, The Paxton works OK, at low boost, noticeable improvement. Thanks, Mark

MARTY REPORT 001.jpg

belt1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My moderator status is limited and I can't do anything in this forum other than what a member can do.

The car is gorgeous and I'd love to own it. But Eric is correct that your ad has incorrect statements in it.

Without going any further, I can say that interpersonal conflicts and attacks aren't acceptable on this site from anyone or against anyone. I don't have authority to deal with it, but rest assured, those that do are watching.

WoW! Tough crowd, no wonder were all un-employeed! Actually, I am an Insultant, similar to a Consultant, you probably know the difference!

2. If I list original panels available for taking out the roll bar, I don't think I miss represent it as original. Same for the tail lights.

3. Spoilers and wings are frequently Dealer added, and if authentic, not miss represented.

4. Cibie 35 driving lights and fog lights were used 1st in 1971 by the euro Shelby's. Marciels were 1970 and earlier. As far as I know, are correct.

5. Correct switches are the "Sport Lights" and "Fog Light" switches available in 1971, see pictures, for driving and fog lights. Don't know about driving lights coming on with headlights..

6. I added the side scoops, with 3 each 8:32 screws, easily removable, not listed in the ad.

7. Top is not that rare, or listed that way. It is of the highest quality material I could buy, though.

8. The Factory Aluminum Intake is a Dizzy no. something -CA. Yeah, its real. Not Eldobrock, which are OK, too.

11. The C-6 was used in Ford Tow Trucks. It is a more heavier duty than the C-4.

13. a "Demo" is a Ford "Executive Demonstration Car" as outlined in the Notarized statement from the original owner, whose family ordered the car that way for their dealership.

14. I have two hoods, and other parts not listed that will go with this car. Pictures go back several years, as I have made progress cleaning up the car.

15. The space saver tire is rare, because you can not easily find an unused original, and if you do, they want serious money for them.

You totally got me on the Drag Pack Suspension. See picture. I just miss read it. I have added a correction to the re-listed add. I am not offended by your words, Thank you for your input. Now, get a job! Mark
Mark,

First of all, thank you for not losing your mind on this - my sarcasm and the things I commented on could very easily have irritated a guy looking for a fight. Again, my apologies if you took offense to that and I appreciate your willingness to discuss this further.

I'm not picking apart your car in the least... the listing was the problem for me, IMHO. I honestly think the car will sell itself without all the inconsistencies of the listing - it IS a nice car... I've never thought otherwise.

The things you addressed in your note quoted above:

1. Fair enough

2. Fair enough

3. Agreed - never said they were misrepresented - just observed them on the car and commented to their availability in 1971.

4. CIBIE was never a Ford option for Mustangs. Shelby is actually a different car company than Ford, after all.

5. Sport lamps (if equipped) are wired in the harness, and go on and off with the headlights - that's why you could never find anything about the switches, or the pigtails for the wiring under the hood.

6. Just observed them on the car (and I actually like them... very cool)

7. Fair enough

8. I stand corrected.

9. Fair enough - but like you said, wasn't issued with an automatic car (is the C6 the stock transmission or was the rev limiter added?)

10. The listing for the boost gauge says: "The full instrumentation group, with Tachometer, and in dash Super Charger Boost gauge..." Leads one to believe that the car came with a Super Charger and Boost gauge, which is simply not possible because they were not offered.

11. The C6 was a factory-optioned transmission behind more powerful engines... no need to make it sound bigger or badder than it really is.

12. Fair enough

13. You did explain that - I was thinking it was just another fluff term.

14. I saw the original pics in your Garage and wondered why you didn't have the yellow Ram Air TuTone hood on in these pics.

15. True - rare now... but not so much then. Semantics, I suppose.

OK - so here's my thought if it doesn't sell this time around: Tell the story about the dealership demo car and sold to his daughter, like you said. List all of the factory options as ordered and covered by the Marti Report. Then list the other things done to the car as Period Correct Restomod accessories, including the engine rebuild, super charger, CIBIE lights, scoops, spoilers, roll bar, etc. Seriously, those are cool mods - just not even close to being "factory" or "correct" options. Seeing how well they were integrated into the car is a testament of how much care went into it.

Again, good luck with the sale.

Mark,

First of all, thank you for not losing your mind on this - my sarcasm and the things I commented on could very easily have irritated a guy looking for a fight. Again, my apologies if you took offense to that and I appreciate your willingness to discuss this further.

I'm not picking apart your car in the least... the listing was the problem for me, IMHO. I honestly think the car will sell itself without all the inconsistencies of the listing - it IS a nice car... I've never thought otherwise.

The things you addressed in your note quoted above:

1. Fair enough

2. Fair enough

3. Agreed - never said they were misrepresented - just observed them on the car and commented to their availability in 1971.

4. CIBIE was never a Ford option for Mustangs. Shelby is actually a different car company than Ford, after all.

5. Sport lamps (if equipped) are wired in the harness, and go on and off with the headlights - that's why you could never find anything about the switches, or the pigtails for the wiring under the hood.

6. Just observed them on the car (and I actually like them... very cool)

7. Fair enough

8. I stand corrected.

9. Fair enough - but like you said, wasn't issued with an automatic car (is the C6 the stock transmission or was the rev limiter added?)

10. The listing for the boost gauge says: "The full instrumentation group, with Tachometer, and in dash Super Charger Boost gauge..." Leads one to believe that the car came with a Super Charger and Boost gauge, which is simply not possible because they were not offered.

11. The C6 was a factory-optioned transmission behind more powerful engines... no need to make it sound bigger or badder than it really is.

12. Fair enough

13. You did explain that - I was thinking it was just another fluff term.

14. I saw the original pics in your Garage and wondered why you didn't have the yellow Ram Air TuTone hood on in these pics.

15. True - rare now... but not so much then. Semantics, I suppose.

OK - so here's my thought if it doesn't sell this time around: Tell the story about the dealership demo car and sold to his daughter, like you said. List all of the factory options as ordered and covered by the Marti Report. Then list the other things done to the car as Period Correct Restomod accessories, including the engine rebuild, super charger, CIBIE lights, scoops, spoilers, roll bar, etc. Seriously, those are cool mods - just not even close to being "factory" or "correct" options. Seeing how well they were integrated into the car is a testament of how much care went into it.

Again, good luck with the sale.
Eric, I am beginning to believe you are a genius! That is an exceptional plan, and I am going to follow it to the letter! I have seen the error in my ways, an that would be a much better presentation. Actually, it's good enough for me to steal the plan, and say it was my idea. Thanks again! If your ever in Modesto, I would treat you to a Steak Dinner! My Absolute Best Regards,

Mark White

I am still curious how the super charger with a 10.5 compression engine performs. I know the Paxton Centrifugal super chargers didn't put out a lot of pressure (4 or 5 lbs if I remember) but it seems like pinging would be an issue.

As I said before. I do like the car.

If you retard timing and richen up the mixture you can get away with a lot of stuff that might surprise you. Keeping the engine cool with an improved radiator and a high flow water pump also helps. If there is room an intercooler also helps a bunch.

If it is set up right it is a lot of fun, and as you surmised, if it is set up wrong it can be worthless.

and that folks is how you resolve a conflict.

Thank you both for pulling in your horns and listening to one another.
It was all him - looking back, one wouldn't be far off in thinking I was being a jerk. :-/

I am still curious how the super charger with a 10.5 compression engine performs. I know the Paxton Centrifugal super chargers didn't put out a lot of pressure (4 or 5 lbs if I remember) but it seems like pinging would be an issue.

As I said before. I do like the car.
Thanks, I do not have noticeable pinging. I am running premium fuel, and not a lot of spark advance. There is some improvement in power, but the sound is the best part! It has a noticeable jet engine whine. I hope there's nothing wrong with it! The engine builder did try to talk me into lower compression, but I wanted the Boss Spec. compression. I think it was worth the effort, a little challenge to fit everything. I am an engineer, and get a kick out of that stuff. I have drawings and templates for brackets, if you want to try one yourself...I also employed a vacuum pump to run accessories like power brakes and A/C controls, with a vacuum switch, and used the original storage tank. Regards, Mark

What conflict? Respect! It was going technical! I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for standing up and all working it out! Beers all around!

Mr White I am a serious purist and I like your car. Of course I'd rather see it much closer to original but I understand how people like what they like.

The part about your car that I like the most is its history. To start out as a Marketing car is really cool!

I know you are selling it but there should be some info out there about it. Did you try and get a copy of the commercials? That would be SO cool.

Good luck in your sale.

Ray

Thanks guys for standing up and all working it out! Beers all around!

Mr White I am a serious purist and I like your car. Of course I'd rather see it much closer to original but I understand how people like what they like.

The part about your car that I like the most is its history. To start out as a Marketing car is really cool!

I know you are selling it but there should be some info out there about it. Did you try and get a copy of the commercials? That would be SO cool.

Good luck in your sale.

Ray
Hello Ray, Thank you, I have checked out all of the commercials on You Tube that have survived, or been sent in, and not found the one of my car. There has only been a mention of a rumor of one other Ford Marketing Research decal, in Arizona. I have not been able to confirm that, though. I have some research people checking it out, and hopefully a copy will show up!

Regards,

Mark

Back