Marv

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFL

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible/302cc
Guess I'm a new member now although I have been checking this website for a while now. Interesting info and comments.

My Mustang is a 1971 Convertible Mach 1 Tribute out of San Antonio, Texas although I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Brought the car up to Canada in 2018 after it basically sat idle but stored since 2009/2010. No rust which is good. Required some TLC since it had sat for so long but solid, true and reliable now. Ready to go anywhere/anytime and cruise with a trusty 302cc engine and C4 tranny. Some may have already viewed the car as it is unique and came with a Panther Pink Dodge muscle car finish with black trim and top. I've been fortunate to win a prize or two with it although I bought it to drive - not to show. Sold an Austin Healey that I had had for 38yrs and it went to Germany. I always liked the 71/72 and 73 Mustangs and as I had big rag tops as a teen, this one had to be topless too. Happy to join the group. :) Marv.

Attachments

• Marvs cell ph #2 Oct2109 274.jpg
    Marvs cell ph #2 Oct2109 274.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
Welcome from So Cal. More pics please

Welcome from So Cal. More pics please

Welcome Marv - Nice convertible. You are in the right place but we are gonna need more information and pics!

Welcome Marv - Nice convertible. You are in the right place but we are gonna need more information and pics!

I have a lot of nice photos of the 71 but for whatever reason I am having trouble downloading onto the site here.

The story as I know it from the fellow I purchased the car from- Apparently in 2006 a Texas gentleman wanted to make a Mach 1 Convertible tribute for his wife - accordingly he chose the color scheme and went to work. The car is Panther Pink inside and out. Remove the seats, the carpet and it is all pink and no over spray anywhere.
Then, and unfortunately, I am told the gentlemen passed away in 2009/2010 and the car sat until it was traded on a tiny house deal. Once again the car sat until that owner put it up for sale and I came across it bringing it to Canada in November 2018.
Covid hit shortly afterwards and for the next couple of years different things and concerns were looked at and taken care of with the 52yr old car now becoming as reliable as my 2018 Chev Silverado.
Considering the story of the car, I affectionately have named it the "Pink Lady". Thus giving respect to the gentleman that started the project and to his wife - neither of whom are known to me.

Very nice…I’ve had occasional trouble downloading photos also. When I hit button to upload photos from my gallery I am shown an empty “no photos” file, and sometimes it works so keep trying…log out then log back in might help…I use iphone

Welcome from southern New Hampshire.

Marv, good to have another enthusiast onboard. I'm diggin' the Panther Pink. To my eye, color is where it's at! You know, if you attend high-end concourses, like Pebble Beach and such, you'll find that it's the cars with colors other than Black, that stand out. Black cars , although they require perfect bodywork to really look good, just don't stand out to judges, so going with a rare, or alternative color, catches the eye. Musclecars were offered in such colors back when. Kudos to you and your pink pony. Cool.

Back