Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6160617de9012e44311f6dbbfd1b1a56.jpg
4f8472766de86a220d6facd23b748ef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6160617de9012e44311f6dbbfd1b1a56.jpg
4f8472766de86a220d6facd23b748ef7.jpg

I WILL NEVER LEARN TO LOVE THAT SIDE STRIPE. That’s a funny comment on the orange and hp loss. Lol

Reminds me of another modified mustang where they gave no attention to the wheel flare and stripped right through it. It didn’t work for me on this car and neither does Chip’s. I’m going to love the car and then make a face every time I see that bloody stripe.

I don’t hate the wheels. They have a Shelby meets Halibrand feel. I’m more of a deep dish man on a classic though

Last edited by a moderator:
e0a6391e2d2c4f9c882c06aa8b72f30c.jpg
3539d817e24da0ceba2e15970b45a4f7.jpg
228a4b36ec23a7828129a460f0512e92.jpg

I really like the look of that cold air intake that thing looks sweet!

As capable and detail-oriented as Chip Foose is, I was kind of expecting the stripes to end at the flares and have the 1/4" space + 1/4" pinstripes on the outside of the main stripes - would've made all the difference for me.

Not really diggin' the wheels, either.  If they'd been more 'deep dish' (even just a little), that would've been much cooler, IMHO.

I'll admit the body work looks a LOT better now that it's finished and shiny.  He should've used the sequential Cougar taillights like Jason did, though.

18622472_10209389562878134_2447725238271460422_n.jpg

Something tells me we can expect an orange pin stripe above and below the main stripe. I don’t imagine he’s done with that stripe yet. I really dig that whole tail light and 70 Shelby exhaust tip in that photo. Very nice.

449e8dc5db43df00bf378663103ff672.jpg

It’s a cool car but I find myself picking on little things that make a difference to me like the absence of hoop in the rim or the lack of sidewall on the tires. Both things that I personally feel belong on a vintage body line. It’s not fair to Chip because it could very well be that the customer wants certain things that he wants and Chip has to fit into his own vision or sponsors that are pushing a product...etc. No matter what it’s a cool build and done with a lot of attention which brings some love to the 71-73’s

This is a 70/71/2015+ a host of other stuff from various years... No longer a 71-3... For the mod guys, may be acceptable depending on personal taste, but it was not something I followed when the rear 1/4's were changed out way back. To each there own...

Am I seeing a misstep, or lack of communication?  From what I see in the latest picture (side-view with wheels, fenders, etc.), it looks like the stripes stopped at the flares on the fender... but not so much on the quarters.  Surely not, a simple mistake like that.

I don't hate the wheels... however, I don't care much for them on that car.

And yeah, I could also see an orange pinstripe above and below the main stripes... if it hadn't already been cleared.  I don't think Foose does things like that as an afterthought - but,  I could be wrong... I've never been much of a Foose fan-boy, after all. ;)

This is a 70/71/2015+ a host of other stuff from various years... No longer a 71-3... For the mod guys, may be acceptable depending on personal taste, but it was not something I followed when the rear 1/4's were changed out way back. To each there own...
You are correct, and I tend to agree with your sentiment.

However, all things being the same, I guess mine's technically a 69/70/71/72/73/89/96/2010+ when it comes right down to it.  I tried to 'hide' the non-'71 things, though... since they were wrought out of necessity, and kept the cosmetic mods as close to period-correct as I could.

However, all things being the same, I guess mine's technically a 69/70/71/72/73/89/96/2010+ when it comes right down to it.  I tried to 'hide' the non-'71 things, though... since they were wrought out of necessity, and kept the cosmetic mods as close to period-correct as I could.
I was clear in my comment that I was referring to the Chip Foose car, not your's. Thx.

The stripe actually goes through front and back flares. It’s just the glare of the light that makes the front fenders look like it stops because it hits the flare differently, lower. I will never understand that stripe. As for the orange pin, your right it doesn’t make sense after clear but I’ve seen him have a person tape and hand stripe them in with lacquer, over the clear. I get what your saying about the mish-mash of years. I figure it would hold up to looking like a “71 at a glance” test. Even though it’s so heavily modified you wouldn’t mistaken it for anything else, until closer inspection. I really don’t know what I was expecting the man to do with this build that was going to knock my socks off but I’m sure it never would’ve included grafting a modern car into the 71. I would have appreciated more one of his works of art on an actual 71 that brought out all of the cars strong suits like no one else could. Instead this is actually a 2015 mustang build that had a very cool “71” skin grafting done to it and end it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was clear in my comment that I was referring to the Chip Foose car, not your's. Thx.
I know - I was just tagging onto the "No longer a 71-3" sentiment.  

Nothin' there, Man.  :cool:

Back