Closing In On Another Ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
Over the last month I have been looking for my 12 year old daughters HS car. I have been trying to get her a 69 or 70 mustang convertible for a reasonable price with very little work to do on it. I found one in Missouri last week and lost it by 1 day. I am not telling you guys where because you are all jackals when it comes to finding mustangs (I do not trust any of you except for Don who has way to many cars to buy another one) but I think I might have found a 72 Vert thats the exact match to my coupe. Its all original with the exact same motor and transmission and even has all of the options mine does with power windows and the side bumpers on the doors. The guy is asking a very fair price and if its as he says I will restore that car for my daughter to use during HS. Of course, I want to drive it too. Hehehe. Shhhhh, do not tell my wife about my motives. And you guys keep your hands off. The car that is, you can have my wife.

Oh and some guy sold a 1973 Mach 1 in maroon with a 460 in Lousiana las week. I called him but he has sold the car already for 8K. It looked good and he said it never had rust but with a 460 crate engine I bet that thing scooted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great plan. If you get it fixed before she is old enough to drive then you'll get more time behind the wheel. Now where did you say it is! :>

Ed, Oh I don't know, I'm on a secret hunt for a 71 vert.

I read your post to my wife, she & I both thought that was funny! :)

BTW, I think your plan is totally awesome and is the exact thing I've done for my 12 year old son when we found the grabber blue 72 & then I got carried away and bought another Mach 1 for my 6 year old son because I would have never heard the end of it not being fair from the younger son. Then I had to buy a parts car which turned into one that was actually a nice car & much too good to be used as a parts car, then I bought another parts car but the guy had two of them to sell so I bought them both all the while wanting a 71 vert.

LOL. I hope I do not get that bug. I was wrong though. Its a 73 vert and its untouched. The guy said no rust now and never had it. If I do the deal I will fly to pick it up and drive it home like I have done on my last 2 cars. I drove a 66 Tbird from South Carolina and drove my present mustang from Denver colorado. This one will be driven from......... got you, I aint telling. I really wanted that darn 69 mustang but this ones a much better deal and I have all of the tools and parts I need to make it new. I even know someone that has a homemade mediablast booth in his garage if I need those services. BTW, I am home from Kansas now and off to Lousiana tuesday. I am going to try to get down to Lake Jackson and get those doors for you. Damn schedule is a killer.

I won't snag your car from under you. Lol. Sounds like a good plan to get the new car. Just let me know about the doors...whatever way is fine as long as I get them at some point before too long. No need from them in the immediate, but the forthcoming trip to N.O. would be convenient.

Back