Cole's build thread.... am I missing something here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the axle seal that keeps the lube from getting all over your brakes when it starts leaking. If your not comfortable replacing it yourself, take the housing with you when you take the axels to get the bearings done and I'm sure they'll pop them out and install the new ones for you.

BTW, splines look fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brakes going back together. Getting the rear bearing pressed out today on the DS too. Slow and steady. Fun, fun, fun!!!!

2uhpesj.jpg

Who knew they had a special tool for brake springs. I borrowed one. Bearing pressed by Tuesday and this one is going back together.

okoqxu.jpg

Tearing down the front disk. This is gonna look cool with the slotted disk and new hardware and calibers.

9ptdsh.jpg

Cheers and have a great weekend yall. Hosting a poker game tonight. Coed. House rules. No Wild Cards!!!!!!

6sewwy.jpg

Its going to look cool in the end. I'll clean and paint the spindle when I do the suspension which I think I was a little premature when ordering. LOL Anyone know the size bold that holds the silver clips on. Got to drill and tap the far size when it broke. I'll hook it all up to the old plumbing till she's rolling. Probably plumbing and suspension together.

24q2rty.jpg

Get my axle back tomorrow so this drum should be in by the end of the weekend. Still have the other side to do. It will go quicker.

30abedl.jpg

Passengers side broke down. Hope to pick up a bigger compressor tomorrow and my Bro is going to let me use his sandblaster for a while. Too cool!

hwx0yw.jpg

Power booster primed.

2d8op06.jpg

Anybody need seats or parts from them. Passenger side base is toast with one of the mount points rusted off. Drivers side has a good base but somethings broke that makes it go back way too far. 35007 if your gonna figure shipping. I'll put them on the curb next week.

Have a great night all.

2hz02ug.jpg

Bam!!! That bad boy is gone. Look at the hoses and stuff and get the new one in soon. Got my last axle back with new bearing. Should go in tonight or tomorrow. Hook up the emergency brake cable and brakes are done. Cept the lines. Use the old ones till tax money comes.

:worthlesswithoutpics:

I Know. I know.

But I have been making progress and wanted to pass it along. Bending 3/8th fuel line is a biotch!!! It's crazy how that thing is routed. I took it from the tank to the front fender well in one piece. Putting a splice there and not doing that in and out and in and out of the wheel well. One piece till it enters by the pump. Ordered the gravel guard today.

I painted where the tank is going to go with Por 15. Used the prep and clean too. Man that stuff rocks. Wear gloves and don't let it drip in your mustache.

Going to have to do the front disc brake lines. One twisted off while putting the new rubber hose to the calibers on. Bummer. But 3/16th should be a breeze.

I used an independent Right Stuff dealer I met in Tennessee. Just look up the part numbers online. E-mail them to him and he'll give you a quote. Had mine in 2 days. Beats the online prices great. His name is Denny. [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
33o2x5z.jpg

Waiting on the gravel guard for the fuel line here this side done.

2cnjeph.jpg

1il4lh.jpg

Gas tank in. Need the filler tube back in but some rust around there. Probably just Por 15 for right now. This car needs to move.

2iql3wl.jpg

Most of my floor pan rust is passenger side. Gonna have to research this but at least I can mount a seat in the other side for now.

33wocuu.jpg

What that. ^^^^^^^ Toys. Special thanks to Jordan for making some killer shipping crates. Everything got here in good shape Bro. These will go in storage till she's running as a 2V.

Back