connection cut

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it come from under the dash? It looks like some kind of relay or buzzer that is in your hand.

Follow up question: what year car and is it a convertible? Looks like possibly a relay for a 'vert top or maybe power windows according to the wiring diagram I have...

Last edited by a moderator:
Circuit breakers used for power windows, convertible top, heated rear window, and/or electrically released seat backs.
No power windows and no convertible top...

two next items are possible (Mustang Mach1 1973).

thanks, Eddy

Hi,

Does anyone know where this connection / function is applied ?

Thanks, Eddy

:dodgy:
I believe that is a 1973 seat belt relay, green/red dot and red/yellow.

The ones I've seen have 2 wires going to each pin, though. The green wire goes to the seat belt light connector and to the green box on back of the fuse box. The red/yellow wires go to the seat belt light connector and to the fuse box.

Looking at the full scale picture of the entire harness, that is a 1973 harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
So where's the second red/yellow wire coming out of the harness to join with it's proper mate?

The item with the cut wires is the buzzer for the seat belts.

Mine was unplugged, so I hooked it back up.

That lasted for a day.

there is also the ignition key buzzer, when the key is in the ignition with the engine off and the door is opened the buzzer goes off.

Back