Connections i engine compartment and in trunk?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 460 engine, C6 automatic gearbox.
I was going berserk, almost, yesterday when trying to go through some loose cables left by the PO. I found some, to me, deviations. I am learning as I am going but following the wiring schematics for none standard cables is for an untrained person almost impossible.

I found one cable connected to the hose comming from the radiator. The other end of the cable had no connection or connector attached, just laying around behind the dash. The cable was not original and of the same kind of cheap bad cable PO used here and there in throughout the car. Do you have any idea what it's purpouse could have been?

xft9c8.jpg

There is another connector with it's cable cut off. A short stump of white insulator is left. The connector is bolted down to the right of the distributor. Any idea what it could be?

se62yt.jpg

I also found two connections in the trunk behind the driver side quarter panel. I guess that of the connections is for the trunk lamp, but both cables seem to me black with yellow stripe (hard to depict from the picture, sorry). One of them is thinner with a green plug.

2ld7xna.jpg

If anyone have any input or bashing go ahead! :rolleyes:

pic.1 added temp.feeler (maybe for electric radiator fans)

pic 2. added ground cable for ???

pic 3. red rear window defrost and green license plate light...

Greetings from Belgium,

Eddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back