convertibles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread. I purchase a 73 vert H code in Dec last year and also a 72 Q code vert. I did not know the 72 was rare until I had the car several months. Going back together with the 73 took interior out and cleaned everything and pulled all the accessories off the engine cleaned and spruced it up a little. It still has original yellow paint on about 3/4 of the car. I have had several people stop and ask about it sitting in the drive when working on it. Can't wait to get to some of the cruise ins.

This car had sat for over 20 years so replacing all the hoses and going through everything before hitting the road. I have found that lacquer thinner is the best to clean the interior. Sounds too aggressive but it took all the built up grime off that nothing else I tried would touch, white deluxe interior. I started with mild detergent, Blue Coral, Westley's Bleach White and then the lacquer thinner. It is the original upholstery and door panels so lots of years with little care.

Verts are the best.

Even more fun when they are a sleeper. Baby Blue with a white top and a built motor, good gears, improved traction, turned down duals and a big surprise at the stop light. :)
Nice.

Last edited:
Just starting to enjoy my 1972 Q code 4 Sp

iptidx.jpg
i

Well hopefully soon I will start working on my 72 Q code 4 speed convertible. Thanks to friends for their help and encouragement!

I am excited to be able to enjoy this car once again!

The car has just over 80k documented original miles. It has been owned by my family since 1975. It is very original and of the few things that are incorrect, I will be making right asap. I guess when I was younger, I wanted to add some optional stuff. Back then (mid 70's) it was very common to go to a salvage yards and buy cool parts or go to the local dealerships and order parts right out of the catalog!

Until relatively recent times I had no idea how rare of a Mustang it is. Car was ordered with some great options. I just thought it was a really neat Mustang. Now I really want the car as close to completely stock as I can get. I feel this car holds its complete 'rarity' that way. IMHO

I have to admit I will probably keep the front spoiler!

Here is an older pic: (sorry for all those that have already seen this!)

my 72 cj convertible_a.jpg

Ray

We seem to have quite a few of the Q code verts on the forum. Mine is a 72 Q auto so 330 of them made. It is gold glow 219 with that paint and trim. The Matri states Cobra Jet not 4-V like late 72 and all of 73. Mine has 17 options so pretty well equipped. It is in process of restore so no pictures to post. I did locate an all original 72 crashed insurance vert to donate the Ginger interior that is near perfect. It has the scooped hood, came with CJ, but no locks or blackout. When I paint I am going to do a scooped hood with and without locks and the black out so I will have if someone wants 100% original. Car has always been in North Carolina.

We seem to have quite a few of the Q code verts on the forum. Mine is a 72 Q auto so 330 of them made. It is gold glow 219 with that paint and trim. The Matri states Cobra Jet not 4-V like late 72 and all of 73. Mine has 17 options so pretty well equipped. It is in process of restore so no pictures to post. I did locate an all original 72 crashed insurance vert to donate the Ginger interior that is near perfect. It has the scooped hood, came with CJ, but no locks or blackout. When I paint I am going to do a scooped hood with and without locks and the black out so I will have if someone wants 100% original. Car has always been in North Carolina.

Sounds cool. Post some pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back