Cool Schwinn poster with 71 Mach on it

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 351c FMX trans and 9 inch rear end
I was looking at a Schwinn bicycles site and saw this poster offered for sale. I thought it was cool that it had two of my interests (I also restore old Schwinn Bicycles) I thought I would post a pic of it.

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
Yes, I love old Schwinns, I like collecting and restoring them around trying to restore my Mach 1, I just finished a 1969 Schwinn Deluxe Twinn (tandem) that my parents bought new in 1969. I included a before and after pic, my sister had it in her garage for years and didn't want it any longer so I grabbed it and restored it. I painted it House of colors Root Beer Candy over gold metallic with a clear coat over it to try and honor the original brown but liven it up a bit, it really pops in the sun.:cool: I found an original in-the-box generator and light assembly just like my parents had to replace the one my brother-in-law removed and threw away decades ago.

Attachments

• Tandem (1).jpg
    Tandem (1).jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Tandem (1a).jpg
    Tandem (1a).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_6098.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6098.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_6099.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6099.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I love old Schwinns, I like collecting and restoring them around trying to restore my Mach 1, I just finished a 1969 Schwinn Deluxe Twinn (tandem) that my parents bought new in 1969. I included a before and after pic, my sister had it in her garage for years and didn't want it any longer so I grabbed it and restored it. I painted it House of colors Root Beer Candy over gold metallic with a clear coat over it to try and honor the original brown but liven it up a bit, it really pops in the sun.:cool: I found an original in-the-box generator and light assembly just like my parents had to replace the one my brother-in-law removed and threw away decades ago.
Nice. The generator powered head and tail light was cutting edge back then. The "Schwinn Approved" brand equipment always indicated high quality.

I suppose me having a Schwinn 5 speed StingRay bicycle with all the trimmings was a precursor to how I would be in later life. Yeah, between the fancy bicycle and the Shelby GT500 Revelle plastic car kit with a phonograph record of Carroll Shelby taking a narrated lap at the Riverside 500 Raceway kind of made a bit of an impact on me over the years. heh heh...

The first two photos are me in 7th grade after my father returned from Vietnam (Battalion Surgeon, 1st Cavalry Division) when he bought a bicycle for me as a returning home gift. Photos 3 is me in mid-1974 (age 19) with my 1969 Mach 1. The 4th photo shows how the Mach 1 wound up when a friend had it in downtown Los Angeles and a trash truck backed over its rear, destroying the Mustang. L.A. dragged on for several years before finally paying for the loss plus medical expenses for my friend. It was at that point I stopped trusting anyone from any government agency. In the 5th photo Lynda and I are showing 4 of our specialty pony/sports/muscle cars in 2021. Missing is the 1997 Honda Del Sol SI, with 30,000 original miles on it. It has every option on it other than the 5 speed manual tranny. Having an auto tranny in a sports car like that would be so wrong. All 5 of the specialty care are a blast to drive.

Attachments

• 196610_woodland_hills_ca_gilbert_on_new_bike_[407].jpg
    196610_woodland_hills_ca_gilbert_on_new_bike_[407].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 196610_woodland_hills_ca_gilbert_on_new_bike_[410].jpg
    196610_woodland_hills_ca_gilbert_on_new_bike_[410].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Bob75V8MachI_Gil 1969MachI_Dad74 LincolnMarkIV_Summer1974.jpg
    Bob75V8MachI_Gil 1969MachI_Dad74 LincolnMarkIV_Summer1974.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1969Mach1_AfterBeingCrushedByLosAngeles_Waste_Truck.jpeg
    1969Mach1_AfterBeingCrushedByLosAngeles_Waste_Truck.jpeg