Correct hood bumpers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Long time Pontiac guy, jumped ship, now driving a '71 Grabber Green Mach 1 with "J" code 429 Cobra Jet, close-ratio 4 speed, 3.50 Traction-Lok rear.
Hello- My '71 Mach 1 J-code is missing the passenger side front hood bumper. Just to confirm, this is the bolt with a round rubber piece on top to set the front height of the hood. It is a hood lock car so there are extensions off of the radiator support, and that's where the driver's side hood bumper is mounted. I find this entry on the NPD site:

https://www.npdlink.com/product/bum...Bbumper&top_parent=200001&year=1971&year=1971

I have to wonder if this is the correct piece for a hood lock car with the extensions. The hardware with this hood bumper doesn't seem to match what I have now on the driver's side. Just trying to avoid needing to return something to NPD. Thanks

Thanks- I should have thought to look on the 429 Megasite as I have spent a lot of time on there in the past. Well my driver's side hood bumper looks just like the one on the 429 site. There is a nut below the radiator support and another nut above the support to allow for height adjustment. Does not look like the nut for that item on the NPD site. Not to say it wouldn't work, but I feel my driver's side hood bumper assembly is likely original to the car due to wear on the rubber piece. My hood lock extensions were painted black by a previous owner, and perhaps someday I'll rectify that. There are suggestions on the 429 site. For now I am concentrating on battery area details and I want to keep looking into the hood bumper.

Here is a pic of my driver's side hood bumper, which matches what is shown on the 429 Megasite. Still looking around trying to find a duplicate. That same nut/washer combo is also below the radiator support. Please ignore the black painted hood lock extension. Someday... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpg
    IMG_8800.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back