Corvette?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Vette for sure..I was always a FORD guy but on a whim stumbled upon a True 71 Camaro SS/RS..Nice rust free car that had a decent restoration in the early 80's but never completely finished..ened up with it then did a complete redo of the car .Some pics for some of you that haven't seen it..I also ended up with a Vette too although a little newer (2005) Always liked the 69-73 Vettes

Camaro BEFORE =Day after I bought it

100_0863.JPG

During

100_2277.JPG

DSCF2656.JPG

After

100_2587.JPG

100_2893.JPG

Nice Vette for sure..I was always a FORD guy but on a whim stumbled upon a True 71 Camaro SS/RS..Nice rust free car that had a decent restoration in the early 80's but never completely finished..ened up with it then did a complete redo of the car .Some pics for some of you that haven't seen it..I also ended up with a Vette too although a little newer (2005) Always liked the 69-73 Vettes
Love the Camaro! Great job with it. I know exactly what you mean. There are a lot of cool cars out there and most happen by chance. My current Mustang, Camaro, and Corvette all happened by chance on a whim. As did almost all the muscle cars from my past. I cannot remember specifically searching out a specific car. I just stumble across the right deal and away I go.

JHawk

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices came down about five years ago on early Camaros. After thinking I'd never own another because of overly high prices I was able to get back into them. Same with Mustangs. For decades I was watching their prices always put them a little over what I was willing to pay. I can't believe how many projects I've purchased in the last five years. All of my Fords need a lot of work but the stable is full.

Q I remember that Camaro from earlier posts and I said it then and I'll say it now: what a great car!!!!!

I cannot remember specifically searching out a specific car. I just stumble across the right deal and away I go.

JHawk
How true.... same here... the last few cars I've bought, I'm always looking at whats for sale whats out there.

Q I remember that Camaro from earlier posts and I said it then and I'll say it now: what a great car!!!!!
Thanks Lux a few more pics

100_2825.JPG100_2831.JPG100_2892.JPG

Nice lookin shark.

Funny thing about vette's. You will run into the types that say vette sucked after 72, " same as you will run into mustang guys, who say mustangs died in 1970 ;).. My friend ran into such disrespect about a cream puff 1976 corvette he got...He took it too a few car shows, sucker was in great shape, all vett owners turned there noses up at it, cause it was only 210 hp stock...In a car that light, it still would get a 3rd gear scratch.. It was not a chump on the road. he was driving down my street one day, and a 427 vette was parked on the side of the road looking at a map.. He drove up and said "what a nice car, i got a vette too...Guy did not say thanks or anything, just says, what year? My buddy says 76 " you could see the guy roll his eyes" I can understand it was a big drop in horse power. but i do not understand the diserspect they get from fellow classic vette owners..lol

Not many corvette's i would turn my nose up at i guess..lol...I was use too that kinda treatment from other classic mustang owners. lol
I'm right there with ya. Why is that the majority of those who are enthusiasts tend to shun certain model years of any vehicle in the respective family? History is what it is - we had a gas crunch, and restrictions were applied. That doesn't mean you write-off perfectly good models in the bloodline. Without those "anemic" models, the line would've stopped with the last model produced - so things like 50th anniversary models would not be feasible.

How does the snobby d-bag know that '76 hasn't been warmed-up with an LS-6, or a punched-out LT-1 (I don't know my Chevy engines, so don't hate ;) ) that would smoke his 427 without even breathing hard? I mean, "on paper" with the things I've done to it, I'm pretty sure my lowly 351C-2V could put down anything from the factory of the day, including the big-blocks (minus the Drag Pack equipped runners, of course). But, when asked I'm sure mentioning 351C-2V will get some rolled eyes as well.

Sorry, but seeing and hearing about this kind of crap gets under my skin. :mad:

As I mentioned earlier, I would LOVE to have J's 'Vette in my garage... I'd even be ecstatic about a '76 as well - it's the new ones I don't like (ever since they went with no flip-over/retractable lights, and styling cues ripped off the '92 RX-7 - they just aren't the same) - the newest Corvette I'd ever own would a 2004, but only because 'she' likes 'em. Doesn't mean I'm going to crap on anybody's car, though.

Camaro BEFORE =Day after I bought it

During

After
A little warning would have been nice. Dang that is YELLOW! Fantastic but now I can't see.

I like about any high performance vehicle and have never been a brand snob.

I always thought it would be cool to own a convertible but never thought it practical. In 2013, I decided I if I was ever going to buy one, that was the time. I wasn't looking for a corvette, but found that the C4 corvettes were the best bang for the buck in convertibles. I started researching, decided I wanted an LT4 car and found a '96 (last of the c4s), one owner LT4, 6 speed convertible with 46,000 miles in Monterey, CA, made the deal and had it shipped home.

This is the day it was delivered.

IMGP3682_zpsdcaa966b.jpg

IMGP3691_zps380f90e3.jpg

I'm still amazed at how inexpensive these cars are, maybe the best performance for the $$ deals out there right now. The LT4 cars bring more money because the LT4 is a one year only option and was only available with the 6 speed transmission.

Funny, the day after I made the deal on the Corvette, a good friend called and told me about a 73 mustang convertible project that was available. If he had been a few days earlier, I probably would have bought the Mustang instead of the vette. The story has a happy ending though, we went and looked at the Mustang and bought it as a father son project …….and that's how I ended up here.

I also have this little jewel in the garage……bought it in '79 when I was a senior in HS.

unnamed_zpslaizqpqe.jpg

I like about any high performance vehicle and have never been a brand snob.

I also have this little jewel in the garage……bought it in '79 when I was a senior in HS.
I'm with you, I love the era. I'm rocking a Mustang, Vette, and Camaro myself and loving it. My wife might shoot me if I find another "too good to be true" deal. lol

JHawk

Oh Man - You have Lane Meyer's Camaro!!* ::thumb::

Nice 'Vette, BTW - I love the C4s.

* For those who don't know who Lane Meyer is, watch the movie "Better Off Dead." ;)

It's hilarious - well, as hilarious as cheesy '80s teenage humor movies can be. I think you'd enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure, based on when you said you bought yours, the Lane Meyer car would've been a copy of yours. ::thumb::

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/better-off-dead-camaro-found-and-restored-to-its-former-glory/

http://www.automotive.com/best-cars/best-movie-cars/67-camaro-from-better-off-dead.html

The movie's on YouTube, and NetFlix too, I imagine. It's cued up right after the first video. ;)

Enjoy!

OK, I just watched it…….that's 93 minutes and 17 seconds of my life that I will never get back! :D

His car is a '67.

LOL! Ummm - sorry? In all fairness, I did kinda warn you about the cheesy '80s teen movie humor. rofl

Bad ass car, though! ::thumb::

Some movies are worth it just for the cars. A friend watched "Aloha Bobby and Rose" (at my suggestion) and asked me "What's the point of this movie?" I told him "The Camaro."

I was 14 when Aloha Bobby and Rose was released, saw the previews but never got to see the movie. Fast forward to just a few years ago when I found it available on DVD and ordered a copy. You are correct, the camaro is the point of the movie.

I was 14 when Aloha Bobby and Rose was released, saw the previews but never got to see the movie. Fast forward to just a few years ago when I found it available on DVD and ordered a copy. You are correct, the camaro is the point of the movie.
And the subject of a tribute car I'm "working" on. On my 18th birhtday a few of us went to see the movie. This year three people have said they'll come out to my place for a 40th anniversary of that night. They're coming from Chicago and Florida but I think booze rather than the movie is their primary motivation. I promised to have the flares on and the LQ9 in it. Not likely to have paint though but black primer will be as correct as red would be anyway.

Back