Cowl Repair

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKL

Reaction score
My Car
1965 Mustang Conv
1972 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
I am working on a 1973 Mach 1. The cowl and panels connecting it to the back inner fender are rusted thru. Does anyone know where I can get repair panels for this?

Thanks

I am working on a 1973 Mach 1. The cowl and panels connecting it to the back inner fender are rusted thru. Does anyone know where I can get repair panels for this?

Thanks
::welcome:: to the forum. Post an introduction in the intro forum and you'll get a proper welcome from everyone. Also, you may get some better answers if you post some pics of your damage.

Forum member Qcode (Scott) has done some excellent videos of sheet metal repair and welding on his restoration. From what I understand, the earlier sheetmetal (68-70) is not an exact fit for things like the cowl hats. I have rust in the passenger cowl and around the windshield on mine that I need to repair before I go much further. Still waiting to learn welding and practice some first!

Enjoy the forum, it is a great place for answers and discussion!

Welcome to the site! As mentioned above, there are no reporduction cowl panels available. Some of the members have posted up threads on how they repaired. Try searching or someone may post up a link here. Good luck!

Back