Coyote Motor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentg

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
I am swapping in a Coyote Motor with an 8-stack intake..thus the MAS is gone and I have to lock the cams and reprogram the ECU.

Does anyone know the trigger pattern for the Coyote ?

If you lock the cam phasers, that coyote is going run poorly with bad performance I think. The exhaust phasers are only for emissions purposes, but the intake phasers are where the great performance comes from.

I have plans of doing a DOHC 5.0 swap. Please tell more of your swap and the systems your using.

Is this for a street car or track?? As Kit Sullivan noted, cam lobe phasing is where the Coyote 5.0 develops its performance. I can't see where adopting a 8 stack intake at the loss of the TiVCT system. You can beat that by going to a stroker windsor.

I believe some of the Comp Cams for the DOHC 5.0 limit cam phasing. If you have info that trumps mine, I would really like to see it. Always ready to learn something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that doing an old school carbed version of this very cool and modern engine is odd at best.

We have played with one Coyote crate motor so far and it gets all of it bang from the electronics and the cam phasing

I have built several 4.6 DOHC with sheet metal intakes and carbs. They run OK but still can't out do what the fuel injected versions can put out plus the mileage falls through the floor. They do however look very cool!

For less total money you could get one of these and it will drop right in:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-351C-536HP-Crate-Engine-by-Tuff-Dawg-Engines-/161075894413?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2580df188d

This would wake your car up!

- Paul

Back