DEAD dome lamp and cd player UPDATE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
Ok i went to mess with the issue today from my previous post and heres what i found out. The 9AMP fuse i told you was blowing out is actually supposed to be a 14A. I replaced it with a 14A fuse and...pop!

I checked the accessory post that the cd player is hooked to. I have power. I also checked the fuse in the back of the CD player, its fine.

Here is my theory.

I keep blowing a fuse that is on a seperate circuit

When i loosened the accessory post i told you it became loose to the point that you can push it up into the fuse panel. The other side of the post looks like the top of a rivet or a nail head. What i think may be happening and i havent pulled the fuse panel out yet to check, but when i loosened that post and it became loose and i pushed it up i think i may have grabbed a wire with the edge of the post and when i tightened the post back down. i may have tore into a wire that is going to the back of the fuse panel, causing it to back feed and blow that fuse. Its a strange theory, i work in forensics for a living so this is how i think. Take a look at the pictures i found of a fuse panel and notice the locations of the wires and let me know if you think my theory is plausable. Ill laugh if im right.

2lw0au.jpg

vpi8wl.jpg

16k5r0l.jpg

34ybj0n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my thoery was wrong but i took everything apart today, fixed the dash lights, put it all back together and no issues. Im not sure what happened but i do know that each step i took i stopped to see if i would blow a fuse and i did until i removed the gauge cluster from the car so it either had something to do with the gauge pod hittin/pushing on something or something arcing off of something??? i dont know. but everything is fine now

Back