Desert Valley Auto Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to find anything 71-73 around here anymore. Franks wrecking in Apache Junction,AZ has a few cougars and a couple Mustang coupes for sheet metal but otherwise since the advent of ebay most everything is long gone.

Thats partly why the value of our cars are climbing so fast.

When the weather starts getting better I'll start junkyard dogging again.

Plan is to add factory cruise control. No reason it shouldn't have been offered for the mustang.

Hard to find anything 71-73 around here anymore. Franks wrecking in Apache Junction,AZ has a few cougars and a couple Mustang coupes for sheet metal but otherwise since the advent of ebay most everything is long gone.

Thats partly why the value of our cars are climbing so fast.

When the weather starts getting better I'll start junkyard dogging again.

Plan is to add factory cruise control. No reason it shouldn't have been offered for the mustang.
Let me know when you get an itch to wander the junk yards. I will head out with ya.

Hello will e,

I would love to take you up on the invitation. Back some years ago, when you could find our mustangs in parts yards, one could search to their hearts desired.

mustang7173

Hello To All,

I finally received the back panel assembly from Desert Auto Parts located in Arizona. I will have to say that I was a bit disappointed in the amount of rust, but what can you expect from a vehicle that is 40 years old. Any way, it is better than anything I could locate here on the East Coast. One are of interest is how Ford assembles the corner area with a reinforcement or curved piece of sheet metal. Just FYI folks.

65rfcn.jpg

2e33bs7.jpg

mim4aq.jpg

mustang7173 :D

All,

Here are picture updates:

After cracking open:

14scho3.jpg

28qwzr7.jpg

After Media Blasting:

261fg5c.jpg

1038sxz.jpg

Sprayed with PPG's DeltronDX1791- A transparent Self Etching Wash Primer specifically designed to provide excellent adhesion and corrosion resistance.

That is all for now folks!

mustang7173 :D

Back