Does anyone need a good laugh???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
Someone spent a crap pile of money with all those body mods. I am sure it was cool to someone at some point.

7.0 liter? Maybe a 427/428? Looks like a FE motor. Maybe eight seconds in the 1/8th mile.

It was a car - for a period of 8 seconds. Then someone saw this and thought they could get smart with a J.C. Whitney catalog:

591020_0_070632_zps875a579b.jpg

It ought to be quite fun turning that car back to stock though - Step one: Peel the banana!

-Kurt

7.0 liter? Maybe a 427/428? Looks like a FE motor. Maybe eight seconds in the 1/8th mile.
You want to know the unbelievable part of it all? The water outlet / thermostat housing is from a late-1970's 400/351M...

...but it's a wet intake manifold with the hallmarks of a 429/460. And it's got a short radiator shroud (though not original with those raised letters), but I'd highly doubt these turkeys would have been smart enough to realize that 429s use a different shroud if this car had an engine swap from one type to another.

Could it be that underneath all of that crap is a real C-code 429 Mach 1?

EDIT: Doubt it. Steering pump is not from a 429 car.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
+ 1 with Ralph

Other than the spoilers I think it had some good points

I would have picked a different color though.

Looks more like Corvette summer than an 80's Mustang

Sad investment. I never liked the Covette Summer car either. Weirdly modded cars are almost impossible to sell unless a ton of craftsmanship and detail went into the build, and for some of those = $$$$$. The same with race cars unless they have some rare (preferably documented) pedigree!

Ray

I believe the 8 second car part. I could not look at it for longer than 8 seconds.
I found it to be like a train wreck. So ugly, but you can't stop looking at it.

Latest posts

Back