Don65Stang's 73 vert planning and ideas thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I posted about the hue of yellow of my car and I said it's very close to Corvette millennium yellow. Today I picked it up from the transmission shop and guess what? This is how they had parked it:

image.jpg

What are the odds of a Ford and Chevy sports car both the same color, both verts with black tops being at the same shop at the same time?

Impressive. Your vert looks better IMHO.

There was actually an orange 123 vert with white stripes in the shop but I totally forgot to take a pic of it.

That's what happens when you go to work at 8 at night, work till 6 in the morning, drive home, take a shower and then immediately take a 4,5 hour train ride to pick up your car at 12.30.

Somehow I don't remember the two and a half hour drive home. Now I could kick myself for forgetting to take a pic of that car and leave a flyer for the forum.

Don!! Wtf?!?!! Great! Now I want those wheels. Well done. I thought you were a friend.

Dang that looks hot!

I think those would be bigger than 15 inch, no?

I think those would be bigger than 15 inch, no?
Maybe (probably), I was eyeing the scale of the wheel trying to merge it onto your pic to make it look close.

Here it is with "smaller" 15" wheels with the original below.

Lux with 15-in trim rings and caps reva.jpg

Foto cropped.jpg

It would be awesome if someone made them in 17 inches. I guess 18 would be too much but 17 would be awesome.

Don,

Here are some more ideas for you.....its not yellow but I did some different stipe combinations on hood and tail and removed all badges. I just drove her on the road last week after a 6 year restoration. I still have a few more parts to put on.

Bob J

20150502_100803.jpg

20150502_100741.jpg

Bob, That looks great! I'm diggin the color combo with the black accents and Boss 351 hood treatment. The spoiler looks good with the side stripe. Debadged too...nice. Very nice looking vert!

Post some more pics.

How about a 73 Mach stripe / Torino laser style stripe mash-up in the correct color combination for your car color choice?
Like this?

63-25271.jpg

I think I prefer an ultra clean look which would mean (to me) no badges, no chrome wherever possible, no side stripe, no rear spoiler, maybe no front spoiler too.

Don,

I like the idea of a plain de-striped vert with the blackout-hood and the James Bondish hubcaps.

But some stripes look nice too - they give em a nice touch around the waistline.

Look at my daddy's all original and unrestored vert - I like it:

thought i would chime and throw down my two pennies. if the build was mine, i would go blue glow paint, black boss stripe on the hood with the blackout tail panel, like lux's without the modified mach stripe on the quarter extensions and trunk lid. then i really like the 73 match side stripe without the mach in it, might be cool if you put " 'Vert " instead (just a random thought though!). and with the side stripe, i really like the aesthetics of the one side picture you found that has the stripe only from the front wheel well back! i think it looks slick as hell! so on top of all of this, i think i would also put everything under the clear so it would all be gloss, no matte black. then i would do a front spoiler, but not a rear mach spoiler, i had one on mine for a decade and it just never looked right to me. but don't worry, soon i will be working on a low profile spoiler in the shape of a s-197 gt500. idea and pictures of idea to come soon!

Blue glow is not out of the running

It's one of my favorite colors for our cars. I really like the sound of what you've suggested and want to do a mock up of it.

I think the 15" rings and caps look great on both colors but have a slight edge on the darker colored blue glow.

You could add a "FC/GT".

:p

I really like the side stripe of the 1970 Shelby convertibles. Kinda like our Mach1s but straight from the front to rear fender extensions.

Problem with all these ideas is that the more you think, the more ideas you get, the more you get sidetracked and the harder it will be to decide.

There are s million ideas out there but you need to settle on one and then think about your options.

I had the same problem back when I was gonna do mine. I changed my mind every three minutes until I decided to basically build a Nash Bridges 'Cuda clone. (Kinda)

The rest came over the years, the scoop (it had s small one from Summit in the beginning that looked more like a shaker), the Mach1 grille, the big rims and the lowering.

The first step was my idea but the rest, it's like the car told me what it needed after that.

All good thoughts and ideas to kick around. I see some distinct similarities between your car and the Nash cuda.

Nash_bridges_cuda_hemi-01.jpg

nash-bridges-1970-plymouth-hemu-cuda-convertible-for-sale-01.jpg

628x471.jpg

What does FC stand for in FC/GT?

Adding something like that to a debadged 71-73 is further asking for people to be scratching their heads. Love it. Hahaha Then to finally answer and tell them what it really is - a Ford Mustang; that would be priceless.

Latest posts

Back