Don65Stang's 73 vert planning and ideas thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FC = Frank Cone, who made very special Mustangs, based out of Texas. He owned a stealership.

If you have all the parts a "spring special" look would be great. I'm weak for blue with argent accents. I would have used that combo but I have two other blue cars. I would use a color available in 71-73 just to protect the value.

What interior color are you considering? Chuck

If you have all the parts a "spring special" look would be great. I'm weak for blue with argent accents. I would have used that combo but I have two other blue cars. I would use a color available in 71-73 just to protect the value.

What interior color are you considering? Chuck
The blue glow with argent accents rock. That's my all time favorite combo. It would also look awesome with the trim rings and dog dish caps. If blue, I think I would go with the argent 73 side stripe.

I'm going to leave the interior white but go with a black top.

Blue glow is not out of the running

It's one of my favorite colors for our cars. I really like the sound of what you've suggested and want to do a mock up of it.

I think the 15" rings and caps look great on both colors but have a slight edge on the darker colored blue glow.
I think the darker blue glow would be a good call, what color wheels??? Chrome, black, polished? I say why stop at the aesthetics, through a Coyote motor in that 'Vert!

Blue glow is not out of the running

It's one of my favorite colors for our cars. I really like the sound of what you've suggested and want to do a mock up of it.

I think the 15" rings and caps look great on both colors but have a slight edge on the darker colored blue glow.
I think the darker blue glow would be a good call, what color wheels??? Chrome, black, polished? I say why stop at the aesthetics, through a Coyote motor in that 'Vert!
I was actually just thinking that maybe with the darker blue glow, instead of black striping, do like a dark charcoal or dark grey, under the clear still of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, dark charcoal or dark silver would look good with blue glow.

If blue glow then wheels will be the 15" dog dish and trim rings.

If blue glow then wheels will be the 15" dog dish and trim rings.
Man, I should do this for a living! Only restore 71-73 Mustangs, that could be the life... There is always life after retiring from the military, probably have to build electric ones by then!

White and black. :D

138923_Side_Profile_Web_zps4fwo6jzx.jpg

mump_0001_12_zbest_mustangs1973_mustang_convertible_zpsnnen3rvg.jpg

FC = Frank Cone, who made very special Mustangs, based out of Texas. He owned a stealership.
Did I miss an opportunity to rehash this tired old Frank Cone picture joke?

frank-cone.png

:D

-Kurt

I'd blue glow then wheels would be the 15" dog dish and trim rings.
Blue Glow and dark charcoal sounds like a great combo
That's the combo I've been thinking about the most over the last few days. I meet with the body guy Monday for him to look it over. :)

I'd blue glow then wheels would be the 15" dog dish and trim rings.
Blue Glow and dark charcoal sounds like a great combo
That's the combo I've been thinking about the most over the last few days. I meet with the body guy Monday for him to look it over. :)
With the 73 stripe should be very nice

Back