Done with the paint on 74 mustang. More pics!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the comments guys. I got all the paper off it today and pulled it outside in the sun for a little while. It seems like the clearcoat on top flat panels(hood roof trunk) layed down really nice but the sides of the car have a good bit of orange peel look. Anyone know why that would happen?? Gun settings?? Do you think I would be able to wet sand it then buff it and get it a little smoother? Never buffed a car before, so I may have my buddy do it for me. Let me know what you guys think. I may open another thread for this question. But thanks again guys!

Kevin

21noo.png

eznww2.png

28ind5h.png

2gsihr6.png

Finally got around to painting the bumpers and rear spoiler. Also got the car all wet sanded and buffed. Cant tell from the pics but it turned out great. Crappy cell phone pics. now to start assembling.

35jme50.png

1t61xv.png

c6jv4.png

9s6rrb.png

33p4gwn.png

296ovnl.png

Hey the job looks great even w/ cell phone pics Thumbs up!!

Thanks guys! Its been alot of work, but i have learned a ton doing this project. I have to get it finished up because i just started a 97 jeep wrangler that im replacing floor pans and fixing frame and lots of metal work, then paint it for him. Busy summer.

Yeah definately!!! but i do enjoy it. I like the metal work and the paint work. HATE the body work :) But im getting pretty good at the metal work so it cuts down on the body work :D The jeep will be pretty cool got a nice lift on it and 35 inch tires. Pretty basic to paint everything is flat on it and its small. I will have to get some pics posted up on here if you guys are interested in seeing a jeep reborn LOL :D

Back