Door hinges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THEY ARE NOT BAD.. I WENT TO A LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE AND FOUND THE RIGHT SIZE HANGING ON THE RACK. IT MIGHT NOT BE THE PIN ITSELF. THEY HAVE A BRASS OR BRONZE BUSHING THAT USUALLY GOES FIRST, WHICH IS WHAT I BOUGHT. GET THE OLD ONE OUT AND TAP THE NEW IN. THE HARDEST PART IS IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT WITH THE DOOR AND FENDER ON THE CAR. ITS DOABLE, JUST ALITTLE MORE AGRAVATING, TO GET TOO.

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY, YEESSS. GO AHEAD AND PULL THE DOORS. MARK YOUR ALIGNMENT OF THE HINGE AND IF YOUR LUCKY IT WILL BOLT BACK UP JUST RIGHT WITH NEW BUSHINGS AND PINS IF YOU NEED THEM. YOU WILL KNOW ONCE YOU GET THEM OUT AND LOOK AT THEM IF YOU NEED BOTH OR JUST BUSHINGS. I SAID I FOUND MINE LOCALLY AND I DID. I BOUGHT A PACKAGE FOR 7 OR 8 DOLLARS THAT HAD 3 DIFFERENT SIZES AND ONE SET FIT. BUT THERE ARE LOTS OF AFTERMARKET KITS AT THE MUSTANG SUPPLIER SITES.

I have them and I would only remove the door as a last resort

Don

Item #B9A-5943030-LG-KIT

64-73 DOOR HINGES REBUILD KIT

Four pins, 4 inches long , cut to fit. Eight bushings. Use to rebuild all four door hinges. Price: $15.95

you have to check first if the problem is still in the bronze brushing or maybe, your pin destroyed it and went for the body of the gingle... If the second thing happened, you are gonna have an oval hole where you supposed to have a circular one and that will destroy the new brushing in a month...

So... you can just replace the pins and brushing if the damage is still in between them. If it is too spoiled, you are gonna have to take the fenders and door off. Dissamble the gingle and repair any damage the body of it can have, then put them together with the new parts and get the car all together again :)

Hope it solves the easy way!!

I have them and I would only remove the door as a last resort

Don

Item #B9A-5943030-LG-KIT

64-73 DOOR HINGES REBUILD KIT

Four pins, 4 inches long , cut to fit. Eight bushings. Use to rebuild all four door hinges. Price: $15.95
Thanks Don. I'll add it to my list, along with some new strikers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
On the hinge "kit" that I purchased locally from Mustangs Unlimited, I had to remove the hinge from the car side and drill it slightly in the drill press for the new brass bushings to fit. I obviously removed the door, adjusting the hinges on the body side are a little more difficult to get to, but with a long extension and a swivel you can loosen , adjust, and tighten the bolts that are behind the front fender. After the new hinge pins, bushings, and striker, the door closes properly...and sounds alot better than it did when all the components were worn out!

Back