drivers inside remote mirror nut

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 convertible with 351C and C6 trans
looking for the round nut to affix the cable adjust to the door panel. my mirror is color painted so i'm not replacing it. my mirror is the the racing style i guess u call it. i call it a tear drop or cone...

looking for the round nut to affix the cable adjust to the door panel. my mirror is color painted so i'm not replacing it. my mirror is the the racing style i guess u call it. i call it a tear drop or cone...
There is a bezel on eBay.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-1979-Ford-Maverick-Mustang-Torino-Ranchero-Sport-Remote-Mirror-Bezel/172938562545?hash=item2843f10bf1:g:7fAAAOSw5cNYftbL&vxp=mtr

If you don't already have it, you will also need the special washer that sits behind the door panel. 

Last edited by a moderator:
rich, thanks for info.. now i know what i'm looking for.. didn't know what it's called.
Bill, do you need both pieces or just the chrome nut?

rich, thanks for info.. now i know what i'm looking for.. didn't know what it's called.
i need both pc's. what i'm finding is not good as far as the knob adjuster.. mine is straight and i find almost all are at a 90° angle. so basicly all i have is the adjuster with threads, nothing to attach to door panel.

i need both pc's. what i'm finding is not good as far as the knob adjuster.. mine is straight and i find almost all are at a 90° angle. so basicly all i have is the adjuster with threads, nothing to attach to door panel.
All 71-3's are starlight knobs

The special washer slides over the shaft and has a tab to keep it from spinning / moving

The chrome nut tightens it all down - I should have both, I'll check later today

Back