Duplicating Stamped Numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please post a detail picture of the spring orientation for a headlight bucket?  I lost the orientation for mine and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

kcmash,

Is this what you are looking for? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please post a detail picture of the spring orientation for a headlight bucket?  I lost the orientation for mine and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

kcmash,

Is this what you are looking for? 

Yep,  I was unsure, becasuse the adjuster nuts seemed to be under a large load.  But mine looks like that now and I think I have it adjusted pretty close.

Going to the time and expense of having stamps custom made just to use once, is not something I'm too interested in, but there is one I might have made. That is the windshield motor stamp as it sort of sticks out like a sore thumb. Below is a picture of mine, which is the original part. The car was built on Feb 22nd, 71. The date on the w/motor is Feb 12. Unfortunately, some of the other numbers are gone or unreadable. Can someone post what those numbers SHOULD be for a 71 car?

The wiper motor part number for all years is 17504. 71 mustangs used D1ZF-17504-AA. From the picture, it looks like your number is still legible as well as your "12V" and date code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a tip for you guys just getting into doing the details. A lot of the parts have color dabs or swatches on them and some stamps are white some yellow. There are quite a few hidden on the engine on the ends of the heads are a couple I have not seen anyone show. They were circles maybe 1/2" dia. with the inspectors number in them. Will have to see if I still have a sketch or a stamp.

You guys should rent out your stamps to others to use. Couple bucks and postage and 5 min. you are done.

To get the right color paint I go to the women's finger nail polish isle, lol. You can get about any color you need and not so darn expensive.

Leaf springs, front springs, drive shaft are some with big paint markings. They were so the assembly line could quickly identify the right parts.

Hey they still put the wrong center section and drive shaft in my 73 Mach 1 and after I broke it 3 times the factory guy came to check and when he walked under the car on lift he saw they had put the wrong one in at the factory. They changed to the bigger U-joint and never broke another.

David

The wiper motor part number for all years is 17504.  71 mustangs used D1ZF-17504-AA. From the picture, it looks like your number is still legible as well as your "12V" and date code.
Thanks for that info. The w/motor has since been painted, so this is all I have to go by. It's the part where the paint is missing that is a bit of a guess.

I just remembered my friend with a 'bought new' 71 M code, has an ink stamp he had made up. Perhaps I can borrow it, but I'll need to get a new date code stamp made as his car is 2 month's newer than mine.

Geoff.

Just a tip for you guys just getting into doing the details. A lot of the parts have color dabs or swatches on them and some stamps are white some yellow. There are quite a few hidden on the engine on the ends of the heads are a couple I have not seen anyone show. They were circles maybe 1/2" dia. with the inspectors number in them. Will have to see if I still have a sketch or a stamp.

You guys should rent out your stamps to others to use. Couple bucks and postage and 5 min. you are done.

To get the right color paint I go to the women's finger nail polish isle, lol. You can get about any color you need and not so darn expensive.

Leaf springs, front springs, drive shaft are some with big paint markings. They were so the assembly line could quickly identify the right parts.

Hey they still put the wrong center section and drive shaft in my 73 Mach 1 and after I broke it 3 times the factory guy came to check and when he walked under the car on lift he saw they had put the wrong one in at the factory. They changed to the bigger U-joint and never broke another.

David
To David's point, Here are some examples....

The wiper motor part number for all years is 17504.  71 mustangs used D1ZF-17504-AA. From the picture, it looks like your number is still legible as well as your "12V" and date code.
Thanks for that info. The w/motor has since been painted, so this is all I have to go by. It's the part where the paint is missing that is a bit of a guess.

I just remembered my friend with a 'bought new' 71 M code, has an ink stamp he had made up. Perhaps I can borrow it, but I'll need to get a new date code stamp made as his car is 2 month's newer than mine.

Geoff.
I use Rubberstamps.net (Hobby section) online ordering to upload the image and select the stamp size and image sizing. They are not very expensive and you can upload an image to use..  I usually just order the rubber stamp pad without the stamper and use my own rubber padding and wood block (see the pics below). Rubberstamps.net will not reproduce trademarks and registered logos (i.e. Ford oval). Its really not much work or cost with a little practice.

This is the stamp I had them produce from an image for my wiper motor..

Geoff.
I use Rubberstamps.net (Hobby section) online ordering to upload the image and select the stamp size and image sizing. They are not very expensive and you can upload an image to use..  I usually just order the rubber stamp pad without the stamper and use my own rubber padding and wood block (see the pics below). Rubberstamps.net will not reproduce trademarks and registered logos (i.e. Ford oval). Its really not much work or cost with a little practice.

Good info, but for me in Ontario, probably easier to get one made here and something I'll need to look into. Like many before, the shop locally that made the one my friend has, has gone the way of the Doo-Doo bird.

I'm amazed at the info you have and by the way, your car is an exceptional example of what our era cars SHOLD be. You should be extremely proud of your car.

Geoff.

Geoff.

Good info, but for me in Ontario, probably easier to get one made here and something I'll need to look into. Like many before, the shop locally that made the one my friend has, has gone the way of the Doo-Doo bird.

I'm amazed at the info you have and by the way, your car is an exceptional example of what our era cars SHOLD be. You should be extremely proud of your car.

Geoff.
Geoff,

Rubberstamps.net charges $10 more to ship internationally. Not bad if you can get everything done in one order. 

I appreciate the compliment,

Rich

Geoff.
Geoff,

Rubberstamps.net charges $10 more to ship internationally. Not bad if you can get everything done in one order. 

I appreciate the compliment,

Rich
 Rich, that's not a bad upcharge. I'll definitely keep Ribberstamps.net in mind, plus I'll go take a look.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be appreciated by others as well.

Geoff.

Back