E-Bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
My Car
Boss 302 -70
Mach 1 -71
was sitting and looking at e-bay and found a car that was "re-bodied due to severe rust" I do not understand what it means. Anyone here who can try to explain it to a Swedish that do not really know the language. :s

// Thomas

Usually means stay away.

The car was so rusty that they took another car, chopped the vin numbers off it and put the car they were trying to restores vin numbers on it to title it legally or to make a more valuable car.

So they could of taken a sports roof and chopped the vins off and welded in vins from a Mach 1 because a Mach 1 is worth more.

You get into illegal titles and paper work like that. It's a huge red flag.

was sitting and looking at e-bay and found a car that was "re-bodied due to severe rust" I do not understand what it means. Anyone here who can try to explain it to a Swedish that do not really know the language. :s

// Thomas

I suspected that there was something strange about it. Thank you so much for the information.

// Thomas

// Thomas

Like they said bad bidness all around. It was way to easy back in the day to swap vins on these cars. Rebodied can get you in a serious mess legally. No legitimate reason to "rebody" one of these cars other than to pass a cheaper model for something else. As far as I know it also falls in the area of vehicle title washing.

My brother just lost an early S10 Blazer to the same kind of problem. Previous owners from another state had done the same kind of crap on the vehicle. So when it came time for him to title and register the vehicle in New York vin's weren't matching up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back