EGR plate gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 completely stock ivy green with silver stripes.
Ok I give up ! I’m looking for a EGR plate gasket the gasket that goes between the manifold and the EGR plate. I’ve been to all the local auto parts stores and no luck. I’ve ordered one and it wasn’t the right one. I’ve included a picture of the one I need. Can anyone steer me in the right direction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Don't know if you tried OMS, CJPony or NPD. You might end up having to buy some gasket paper and make your own. A small ballpen hammer will make the job easier if you have one.

Not sure but it looks like this gasket is made from some kind of asbestos. I think there is a high heat factor to be concerned about.

I think this is close, not exact; you’ll have to determine if that bump out is sealing anything or just overhang. Steve

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-vg201/make/ford
No none of them are right. The guy at the parts store ordered the one on the bottom left and it’s not the right one. The slot is bumped out and the one I need is straight where the slot is so it wouldn’t line up. I would like to find the material it made from and try to cut my own.

The part number is stamped into the gasket. 71projectjunk's link is the correct part.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-065518.png
    Screenshot_20220604-065518.png
    666.4 KB · Views: 2
The part number is stamped into the gasket. 71projectjunk's link is the correct part.
The picture you sent is the correct gasket
I missed the reply from projectjunk,s . That is the correct part but auto zone told me they didn’t have it. I’ll chech back today with them maybe the guy didn’t see it in the computer. I see the number stamped into the gasket but I wasn’t sure of the manufacture. That link to the auto zone should help THANKS

Thank you I’ve got the gasket in hand I had a number but I didn’t know the mfg. once I found out the mfg and put that with the number auto zone who told me yesterday they couldn’t find the part found the part today.

No none of them are right. The guy at the parts store ordered the one on the bottom left and it’s not the right one. The slot is bumped out and the one I need is straight where the slot is so it wouldn’t line up. I would like to find the material it made from and try to cut my own.
Thank you for your reply I have the gasket in hand now.

Latest posts

Back