Engine help...Best way to get to this gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help and suggestions as to what I should remove in order to get to this gasket to replace it. It looks like I am missing a bolt and this gasket is getting ready to fall apart. What's the easiest way to get enough room to access and replace this gasket. I obviously need to be able to access all the bolts.

2014-06-08-19-33-50.png

Behind the wires obviously in this pic

2014-06-08-19-34-31.png

Not sure if you are trying to show us a valve cover gasket or a header flange gasket.

Tom I wish we lived closer. I would show you how to replace the header gasket. You have to do it from the top. You need to remove the shock tower brace to get access to all the header bolts. It's one of those jobs that's not easy,but it's not hard ether.

Tom I wish we lived closer. I would show you how to replace the header gasket. You have to do it from the top. You need to remove the shock tower brace to get access to all the header bolts. It's one of those jobs that's not easy,but it's not hard ether.
Thanks Mike. I will go about it that way...and ya, it would be nice if SD was a little closer for sure.

Back