Experience needed on heater box swap.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I have a 73 with factory AC. I am switching to a standard heater box. I now have a complete Non AC factory heater box and duct work. The cowl has been fully replaced with a non AC version. The car is completely stripped down (dash and all) and ready for reinstall. It appears the AC vs non AC firewalls are different. I noticed by test fitting it looks like I need to cut a hole for the blower motor to fit. Is this right? And what protects the motor from the elements in the fender well?

Any help or pictures would be wonderful.

-Brandon

Here is a link to my build, the donor parts car was factory AC (maron mustang) the white car being built up is a factory non A/C car.

mustangs striped down

Anyone have a stang with non AC they could take a picture of some locations?

It looks like from the pictures i have the only difference is where the heater core lines come out at maybe where the bolts for the heater box are. If you need closer pictures or any measurements let me know what you want as i still have the engine out of the NON factory AC car.

028.jpg013.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the close up pictures you requested on the NON A/C firewall.

492.JPG496.JPG497.JPG501.JPG502.JPG

Do you have any pictures of an a/c car under the cowl where the blower motor housing bracket hangs down? I am adding a/c to a non a/c car. Mine does not have those brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have any pictures of an a/c car under the cowl where the blower motor housing bracket hangs down? I am adding a/c to a non a/c car. Mine does not have those brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am doing the same conversion. Once I get my car back from the body shop I will be able to take all kinds of photos for you. I hope to have it back in a week or two.

Latest posts

Back