Factory Marks 1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry449

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Hello Everyone, I need a little help with putting factory marks on my1972 Mach 1 front springs and rear spring and what kind of paint everyone used, I have my build sheet need to no what colors the letters mean, lines from build sheet, 34/ N, 35/ A front Rears r line 31/ R, 32/ R, 33/ O, Thanks guys.

I am glad to help with how I completed my concourse resto. I used Testers model paint to get the colors needed for marking the undercarriage. This way you can mix the colors needed to closest approximate what colors are there. I will need to look at my build sheet on another computer and we can compare notes.

Thanks, I have a 1972 Mach 1 built date 2/3/72 Q code, Won concourse driven Gold twice, just trying to update some marking that I wasn't sure about when I did the car, I have my build sheet if u want to compare, will try and download Pic later. Joe

Hello Everyone, I need a little help with putting factory marks on my1972 Mach 1 front springs and rear spring and what kind of paint everyone used, I have my build sheet need to no what colors the letters mean, lines from build sheet, 34/ N, 35/ A front Rears r line 31/ R, 32/ R, 33/ O, Thanks guys.
Usually, there are three to four paint stripes on the rear end of the leaf spring. I see R R O O was frequently used. These pages may help you Id yours.

Attachments

• Leaf Spring Paint Marks626.jpg
    Leaf Spring Paint Marks626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Leaf Spring Paint Marks624.jpg
    Leaf Spring Paint Marks624.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Leaf Spring Paint Marks625.jpg
    Leaf Spring Paint Marks625.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 1

There are paint marks, part stamping, labels and tags all over the place on these cars. I found many of mine were still visible.Engine & Engine Bay Paint Marks & Decals sm.jpg

Thanks with the help on paint marks guys, got a question about my starter had a issue over the summer with it so I'm going to take it out want to make sure its the right starter so if anybody has the Part number for a 1972 351C starter. Thank

Latest posts

Back