Family Pet Thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog died 2 years ago, was an Afgan, very sociable with kids, stay with us for 15 years. Now I have cats, 5. Need to deal with this. My kids decide it, I have to support.

Pic I took of my 2yr old Airedale Molly

IMG_4856.jpg

The skinny little dog in the first picture was Eddie - that was his mugshot from the pound. Here he is outside by the pool during Shark Week. She found this cool hat (of a shark) that he pretty much just tolerated wearing for the picture.

eddie_sharkweek_2014.jpg

I'm thinking about getting him a T-shirt that says, "I kicked bulimia's ass." rofl

Happy dog! ::thumb::

BTW - that's 4 feet of decking around the pool - that's how big he is [huge for a Cocker Spaniel, no less].

Happy dog! ::thumb::

BTW - that's 4 feet of decking around the pool - that's how big he is [huge for a Cocker Spaniel, no less].
Eddie's not only a happy dog, he's a lucky dog to have such a loving home.

Here's a new picture of Casey enjoying Washington State's version of a sandy beach. He's trying to shake off the salt water.

Beach.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in February out 13 yr old Border Collie was mauled by the neighbors dogs (broke through the wood privacy fence) and we had to put her down. We had her longer than our children and it was the only pet my wife ever had. Last week the wife decided she would like a dog to run with and so we started looking around.

Meet Pepper, a 5 month old Australia Cattle dog (Blue Heeler) and Border Collie mix. We picked her up on Thursday from the Humane Society and she is very smart, learning simple commands in minutes. It's funny to watch the girls interact with her because our last dog was trained by the time they came into the world. They also don't remember the energy level of a puppy, even though our last dog was still running two miles a day.
61f3781e3ff936cb9ad60e395b088dc4.jpg
187003061da0b9855186233c9f13ca12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I introduce our cat I just wanna say thanks to all who posted about their pets inhere.

c38f5abbcb624e30f1ff5ca52ce6d286.jpg

So, all, this is Silver our boy cat, now nearly 1 year old. He is the best of course ;-) Very well behaved, funny, cuddly but is easily scared by little kids coz the one where he's from treated him like a toy a bit too much.

He seems to prefer my lap and falls asleep in the most awesome positions in the evenings.

Thanks,

Vince.

Before I introduce our cat I just wanna say thanks to all who posted about their pets inhere.

c38f5abbcb624e30f1ff5ca52ce6d286.jpg

So, all, this is Silver our boy cat, now nearly 1 year old. He is the best of course ;-) Very well behaved, funny, cuddly but is easily scared by little kids coz the one where he's from treated him like a toy a bit too much.

He seems to prefer my lap and falls asleep in the most awesome positions in the evenings.

Thanks,

Vince.
That is an amazing classic picture and one very classy cat.  I wish mine were that cuddly.

Isn't it interesting that it seems like we give our pets names... and then "nick-names" as well?  Jpaz's comment above reminded me of this.

I'm guessing Eddie probably doesn't actually know his name - it's probably more like whenever we say something familiar to him, he just assumes we're talking to him.  Some of the nick-names we use on him: Bubba, boo-boo, buddy, fuzzy-butt, and sometimes she calls him "poop-head" if he does something he's not supposed to do (but is totally forgivable - like drinking too much water and burping it right back up, or pooping on the pool deck rather than using the grass right next to it... we still can't figure that one out).

Our trio, left to right, five year old brothers Rico and Enzo with our near fifteen year old Cocker Frances. Wife and youngest son enjoying the fire with them.

Isn't it interesting that it seems like we give our pets names... and then "nick-names" as well?  Jpaz's comment above reminded me of this.

I'm guessing Eddie probably doesn't actually know his name - it's probably more like whenever we say something familiar to him, he just assumes we're talking to him.  Some of the nick-names we use on him: Bubba, boo-boo, buddy, fuzzy-butt, and sometimes she calls him "poop-head" if he does something he's not supposed to do (but is totally forgivable - like drinking too much water and burping it right back up, or pooping on the pool deck rather than using the grass right next to it... we still can't figure that one out).

Funny we just had this discussion when we were naming Pepper. I had several names for our previous dog but I explained to the girls that she needs to lean her new name first. I actually think it has more to do with the tone of your voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back