Fastback/Sportroof interior quarter panel compatibility?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351, FMX, A/C (well, parts of it anyways!)
1971 Mach 1, 351, FMX
1965 Convertible, 289, 4-speed
Hello,

I have a 71 Mach 1 Sportroof and I need the two interior rear quarter panels.  I found some on CL which are described as for a "72/73".  Is there a difference between the 71 and 72/73 interior quarter panels?

Thanks!

Scott

72-73 would have the slots for the belt guides, otherwise they would be identical.
I'm not sure how the belt guides work since I'm missing so many parts there on my 71.  My rear seat belts come up from behind the rear seat.  What are the guides for?  

Also (given that there are NO stupid questions, right?) are the fastback/sportroof rear interior quarters different than the coupe?

Trying to understand my options as I search for those interior quarter panels.

Scott

Ford switched to a retactable outer belt for the 72 & 73 model years. The retactors bolt to the floor under the trim panels and come out through a slot int he panel. There is a plastic bezel the clips into the slot in the panel and keeps the belts from retracting back all the way.

Ford switched to a retactable outer belt for the 72 & 73 model years. The retactors bolt to the floor under the trim panels and come out through a slot int he panel. There is a plastic bezel the clips into the slot in the panel and keeps the belts from retracting back all the way.  

Thank you so much for the picture and explaining that.  It really helps since all of that rear area is missing on mine.  I have a '73 vert but it's completely different.

One last question, are the interior quarters of the fastback and coupe different?

Thanks again!

Scott

Sportsroof, coupe and convertible each have unique rear seats and quarter trim panels.
Thanks so much for that bit of info.  I was hoping that wasn't the case but now I know what I'm up against trying to find them.

:thankyouyellow:

Scott

Back